Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Question about Classics (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=9886)

Ruination04 01-03-2012 09:45 AM

Question about Classics

I see there are now 6" Classics out now. Are they gonna switch over to 6" and not do any more 8" Classics? I don't want to have to get Tygra & Lion-O again because they changed size. I haven't been up to date on the toyline so what is going on with the 6" vs. 8" figures??

englishw 01-03-2012 11:34 AM

The 8" line is going to continue in "limited" amounts... so, most people are guessing that means store or online exclusives. They are moving the main Classics line to the 6" scale. The 8" line isn't ending, but we aren't going to get two new figures everything 3-6 months or anything. *sigh*

Ruination04 01-03-2012 12:41 PM

Well, dang....I hope they make a new Tygra then. I am almost wondering if I should sell off the 8" figures and buy the 6" version of Lion-O. So who is out now? Lion-O and Mumm-Ra?

nitewing73 01-03-2012 04:16 PM

I waited too long to return Tygra at TRU cause my receipt expired. I'm glad I got the SDCC exclusive Lion-O in that scale because the paint apps are pretty cool in my opinion but if they are just going to continue with the 6-inch scale I'd rather have not keep the Tygra if I can only continue getting that scale in a limited release.

Dr Kain 01-04-2012 02:36 AM

Bandai decided to wait until all of our receipts reached the unreturnable 31 day mark and then announced they were canning the 8inch line to be bitches and are rereleasing the figures as 6inchers in order to get money out of us again. And of course I also threw out my packaging after I hit the 30 day mark so I could not even do a no receipt return for them.

Thankfully Target is now starting to carry the line and they have a 90 day return policy, so I will wait until I can get them from them so I have 90 days to decide if I want to keep my Classics or not (and since ToyFair will be in that time period, I will know if Bandai is even going to bother continuing these releases).

nitewing73 01-04-2012 12:21 PM

I just opened my 6-inch Lion-O that I bought yesterday and I have to say I really like it. I happen to have my LJN Lion-O out and it's just no comparison. I put him next to one of my Masters of the Universe Classics but it's a little small in comparison but yet the 8-inch classics are just too big compared to the Masters figures. Aside from that though I really like it. I'll have to pick up Mumm-Ra soon.

Tracer 01-05-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitewing73 (Post 27466)
I waited too long to return Tygra at TRU cause my receipt expired. I'm glad I got the SDCC exclusive Lion-O in that scale because the paint apps are pretty cool in my opinion but if they are just going to continue with the 6-inch scale I'd rather have not keep the Tygra if I can only continue getting that scale in a limited release.

They are taking returns at the moment without a receipt due to the holidays. You only get $15 for the 8" figures though. :o

Jestermon 02-02-2012 10:29 AM

So, are they going to make a new smaller lion-o with a normal face?

Dr Kain 02-02-2012 12:24 PM

I doubt you will see them do another Lion-O just for the face.