Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Season 1 Book 3 (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=20910)

Balgus82 06-07-2012 12:57 PM

Season 1 Book 3

announced for October!

Thundercats DVD news: Announcement for Thundercats - Season 1, Book 3 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Ravenxl7 06-07-2012 01:06 PM

It's nice to see the remaining episodes all in one set. I'm still hoping they do a full season set at some point. Though since it's only three books...I might actually just get these. If they were split-up into three episode sets, I definitely wouldn't.

Joe Moore 06-07-2012 01:09 PM

Blu-Ray or bust for me. No interest in owning SD versions of this series as the animation is too nice.

AlexofThundera 06-07-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Moore (Post 54026)
Blu-Ray or bust for me.

Same here.

CreepySariFan 06-07-2012 02:52 PM

Bought, 'cause I'll still buy the Blu-Ray too just to be a completionist.

If you need the higher quality in the meantime there's always iTunes.

Kregermeister 06-07-2012 03:22 PM

No blu,no buy. The show was made in HD and in 2012 they shouldnt even be offering DVD only.

SirSapphire 06-07-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 54048)
No blu,no buy. The show was made in HD and in 2012 they shouldnt even be offering DVD only.

That's right, folks without blu-ray players don't deserve to watch the show any time they want on their own TV in the comfort of their own home.

JASONKAT 06-07-2012 03:55 PM

(dvd cover)... that's the first time i ever seen lion'os sharp vamp teeth, lol
And i agree with everybody else. Bluray or nada! the way i look at it is.. dvd-13.99 and bluray-16.99. dvd for a price of a bluray is just wrong.
Plus i agree, its 2012, there has to be bluray, not just dvd until the day thoe hit shelfs i'll buy em, other wise i wont grab those dvds. i want sound, picture and extras, not just a tv show.

CreepySariFan 06-07-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONKAT (Post 54051)
(dvd cover)... that's the first time i ever seen lion'os sharp vamp teeth, lol
And i agree with everybody else. Bluray or nada! the way i look at it is.. dvd-13.99 and bluray-16.99. dvd for a price of a bluray is just wrong.
Plus i agree, its 2012, there has to be bluray, not just dvd until the day thoe hit shelfs i'll buy em, other wise i wont grab those dvds. i want sound, picture and extras, not just a tv show.

Why don't you ask Hasbro to supply G.I. Joe: Renegades in Blu-Ray quality too then?

Companies just don't put 2D cartoons on Blu-Ray; it sucks, but it's the truth as we know it for now.

Imagine the OUTRAGE when Legend of Korra has no Blu-Ray either, HAH!

Kregermeister 06-07-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 54049)
That's right, folks without blu-ray players don't deserve to watch the show any time they want on their own TV in the comfort of their own home.

No they dont. They should be eating out of the trash and watching their favorite shows on BETA as well.

And if you notice I said DVD ONLY. Every other dumb thing is DVD and BLU at the same time, please dont put words in my mouth. :D

Dr Kain 06-07-2012 05:31 PM

Pass. Still no BD means a no buy from me. Plus, I won't buy anything until I know there is another season.

Balgus82 06-07-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Kain (Post 54068)
Plus, I won't buy anything until I know there is another season.

That really makes no sense. It's like saying "I won't support the show until I'm sure it doesn't need it anymore."

vantheman77 06-08-2012 12:49 AM

I'm getting it regardless as I want to complete my Thundercats collection with this new series.

Starsapphire 06-08-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 54048)

^This

Dr Kain 06-08-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 54072)
That really makes no sense. It's like saying "I won't support the show until I'm sure it doesn't need it anymore."

Why would I want to own an unfinished series? I have enough of those and am trying to get rid of them. These days I only except series that have a completed tale, a beginning and an ending. No more of this cancelled crap. If Seaosn 1 happens to be able to somehow complete the story of them finding all of the jewels and defeating Mumm-Ra (even if temporarily), then fine, I'm cool with that, but I doubt that is going to happen in 2 episodes. Well, unless they want to just rush through it like they did with the Trials.

Of course, this agrument is moot because again, this is not on Blu-Ray. The only thing I will buy on DVD anymore are tv series made before 2005, and even that is questionable since I feel like DVD is a waste of money nowadays. It's no different than buying a VHS tape.

MegaGearX 06-08-2012 10:36 AM

Damn, that's right...it's June already! Book two came out this week!:eek:

mumm_ra_the_ever_living 06-09-2012 03:54 AM

I'm willing to bet that just like Transformers Animated season 3....This won't see the light of day.

Ravenxl7 06-09-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mumm_ra_the_ever_living (Post 54265)
I'm willing to bet that just like Transformers Animated season 3....This won't see the light of day.

Not very optimistic, are we. If WB was cutting ties to CN, I would agree with you. As-is, I can't imagine this not making it to retail. There's really no reason for it not to. Also, as far as I can tell there were never any plans for Animated season three to be released. This is at least a planned release, which is a huge leap from As3's standpoint.

midnight 06-10-2012 10:59 PM

I am hoping that they make a box set of thundercats in the future. I think they can add in a nice artbook as a bonus. Although I was hoping they would also make an uncut version of the original thundercatss. Plus maybe the ost of the new and old thundercats in one whole album that would be awesome!

BB Shockwave 06-11-2012 04:22 AM

I hope this puts an end to the cancellation talk. Surely they would not bother with a DVD release if this show would be over. I am still waiting (in vain, I know) for Transformers Animated Season 3 to be released, and let's not even mention how despite petitions, there is still no final DVD release of the remaining Gargoyles episodes.

At any rate, hope there are some extras on the DVD as well. I rarely buy cartoons officially, but Thundercats is one show I already shelled out money for, still have to get the second and third DVD sets though.

Might Beyond Sight 06-19-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Shockwave (Post 54631)
I hope this puts an end to the cancellation talk. Surely they would not bother with a DVD release if this show would be over. I am still waiting (in vain, I know) for Transformers Animated Season 3 to be released, and let's not even mention how despite petitions, there is still no final DVD release of the remaining Gargoyles episodes.

At any rate, hope there are some extras on the DVD as well. I rarely buy cartoons officially, but Thundercats is one show I already shelled out money for, still have to get the second and third DVD sets though.

I hope you're right. Although the modern He-man cartoon (2002-2004) saw the series released on dvd 4 years after its cancellation.

BB Shockwave 06-20-2012 05:31 AM

Well, good news is, The HUB will be airing TF Animated (which suggests they have gotten an agreement with CN about the show) - meaning I can finally have HD rips of the episodes. One step closer to a version in quality...

hollowdheart 06-20-2012 06:42 AM

As soon as it comes out i'll buy it.

nitewing73 06-25-2012 02:57 PM

I hope there is just one box set for the entire 26 episode season. If not then I'll pick up the 3 books.

THUNDER JEDI 10-05-2012 05:34 PM

Got my copy today! FYE got them today and said that it was supposed to have been released Tuesday. Did anyone else find it? My local store only got 1 copy.

Kregermeister 10-05-2012 07:24 PM

Still waiting on the Bluray. If it never happens, then I will just wait for a boxed set.