Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Episode 14 New Alliances Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=14871)

cmangund 03-30-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 41981)
Wouldn't have a love triangle.

It will be a quadangle or "quadangle" after Pumyra comes into "play".:D

Ruthie 03-30-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 41555)
Agree. There is no point to kill him off. My coworkers who don't watch Tcats think that is stupid.

Whoa, whoa, wait. How do your co-workers, who don't watch Tcats, know enough about the show to think it's stupid to kill Lion-O?

Ruthie 03-30-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 41910)
Yeah, its definately not a pleasant environment if you don't worship T/C.

Yeah, this L/C worship environment is MUCH better!

stormbringer 03-30-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 41998)

Since Pumyra is going to be a gladiator, I wonder if she and Cheetara will have a cat fight like they nearly did in the OS?:D

cmangund 03-30-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 42003)
Since Pumyra is going to be a gladiator, I wonder if she and Cheetara will have a cat fight like they nearly did in the OS?:D

Whatever the reasons, be it "quadangle" or quadangle or tetraangle or "tetraangle" with Bengali and/or other reasons, high chance we will see the catfight of Cheetara VS Pumyra in "muddy" actions.:D

stormbringer 03-30-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 42006)
Whatever the reasons, be it "quadangle" or quadangle or tetraangle or "tetraangle" with Bengali and/or other reasons, high chance we will see the catfight of Cheetara VS Pumyra.:D

I wonder if Bengali will be Tygra's long lost brother?

cmangund 03-30-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 42007)
I wonder if Bengali will be Tygra's long lost brother?

High chance I think, since practically speaking Bengali is part of a Tiger clan. Will add some drama to Lion-O and Tygra's "damaged" brotherly relationship. Provided Jelenic is "smart" enough to write Bengali properly.

stormbringer 03-30-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 42009)
High change I think, since practically speaking Bengali is part of a Tiger clan. Will add some drama to Lion-O and Tygra "damaged" brotherly relationship. Provided Jelenic is "smart" enough to write Bengali properly.

Yeah, it should be interesting seeing how Lion-o and Tygra's brotherly relationship, handles Tygra meeting his biological brother. Here's hoping Jelenic doesn't blow it.

cmangund 03-30-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 42010)
Yeah, it should be interesting seeing how Lion-o and Tygra's brotherly relationship, handles Tygra meeting his biological brother. Here's hoping Jelenic doesn't blow it.

Maybe Bengali will have an eye for Cheetara...There you go Tygra got another "competition".:D

stormbringer 03-30-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 42011)
Maybe Bengali will have an eye for Cheetara...There you go Tygra got another competition.:D

Ah, a new triangle. Tygra may not have as good luck against Bengali, as he did Lion-o.:cool:

L08e16o 03-30-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthie (Post 41999)
Whoa, whoa, wait. How do your co-workers, who don't watch Tcats, know enough about the show to think it's stupid to kill Lion-O?

You talk at work don't you?

cmangund 03-30-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 42013)
Ah, a new triangle. Tygra may not have as good luck against Bengali, as he did Lion-o.:cool:

The anorexic ho will be "in Love" with Bengali too, after seeing Bengali's "big hammer", nothing compared to Tygra's "gun" Thus things will get really messy indeed.

Balgus82 03-30-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 42014)
You talk at work don't you?

Not about tv usually. Most people I've worked with don't watch the same type of shows that I do. I find it a little unusual that they talk to you about Tcats if they don't actually watch it.

stormbringer 03-30-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 42015)
The anorexic ho will be "in Love" with Bengali too, after seeing Bengali's "big hammer", nothing compared to Tygra's "gun" Thus things will get really messy indeed.

So will Lion-o and Pumyra get together, while the tiger brothers fight for Cheetara's affection?;)

cmangund 03-30-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 42017)
So will Lion-o and Pumyra get together, while the tiger brothers fight for Cheetara's affection?;)

Pumyra may have eyes for the three of them too, Tygra, Bengali and Lion-O.
So there you go, a verrry messy love story in the making by Jelenic.:eek:

stormbringer 03-30-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 42018)
Pumyra may have eyes for the three of them too, Tygra, Bengali and Lion-O.
So there you go, a verrry messy love story in the making by Jelenic.:eek:

Yep, sounds like Jelenic!:p

cmangund 03-30-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 42019)
Yep, sounds like Jelenic!:p

So in the end Lion-O/Tygra/Bengali/Cheetara/Pumyra will be "busy" sorting it all out while Mumm-ra has conquered the planet.:eek:

stormbringer 03-30-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 42020)
So in the end Lion-O/Tygra/Bengali/Cheetara/Pumyra will be "busy" sorting it all out while Mumm-ra has conquered the planet.:eek:

Dang it! This why the writers should have left out the romance!:p

L08e16o 03-30-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 42016)
Not about tv usually. Most people I've worked with don't watch the same type of shows that I do. I find it a little unusual that they talk to you about Tcats if they don't actually watch it.

They watch anime. They are not into the Tcats.

They don't like the main hero being killed.

L08e16o 03-30-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 41998)

Then Panthera comes back from the dead.

stormbringer 03-30-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 42025)

Lion-o's true love.:D

CCDustyV 03-30-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 41966)
Nicely said, and I don't think the creators were trying to portray her that way at all (nor do I see her like that). She always cared deeply for Tygra but had an obligation to Lion-O. Unfortunately she's still young herself and the way she went about things contributed to (but are not solely responsible for) someone getting hurt. She's not perfect, she still makes mistakes.
EVERYONE in this show makes mistakes because the only way you can have strong character development is if those characters have flaws they need to overcome. Lion-O has his brashness and self-doubt, Tygra has his jealousy and resentment, and Cheetarah has to learn that maybe she doesn't know as much as she thought she did (please don't claim I'm accusing her of being a know-it-all, that's not my intention).

Actually I think Cheetara's biggest problem is the same one it showed in the flashback. Patience. She still jumps in without looking twice like a textbook speedster. in fights and in relationships me thinks.

vincheng2k5 03-30-2012 10:34 PM

I'm disappointed that Cheetara went from a strong female character to "the token female love interest who is to blame for EVERYTHING." How did this happen?

The portrayal of women in this show is deteriorating so quickly....

SirSapphire 03-30-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincheng2k5 (Post 42029)
I'm disappointed that Cheetara went from a strong female character to "the token female love interest who is to blame for EVERYTHING." How did this happen?

The portrayal of women in this show is deteriorating so quickly....

I don't think she's to blame for everything, and I don't think the producers think she's to blame, mistakes were made on both sides. Fans like to distort things to conform to their own personal version of how things should work. Personal experience comes into play too. Anyone who's ever had a crush friend-zone them could easily demonize Cheetarah and project their own assumptions on to her. Likewise someone who has unwittingly been the object of a crush that ended up inadvertently hurting their friend's feelings can do the same with Lion-O.

Cheetarah's still a good character who has some development to go through, that's all.

cmangund 03-31-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 42025)

So it will be "three on three" then: L/C/T/P/B/Pt. :D

theking 03-31-2012 02:54 AM

No matter how much we seem to dislike what the writers are doing, they don't seem to plan to stop till they satisfy they're own predictions lol. My only hope still standing is what they plan to do with Lion-O after his trials, if he emerges as a total badass with a more mature attitude then I will forgive they're past transgressions (until they destroy the plot again).

Jaga learned his lighting powers from Darth Vader, force lightning!!!

Balgus82 03-31-2012 07:07 AM

you mean the emperor. Vader couldn't use force lightning because of his cybernetics.

mihoshi 03-31-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 41657)
I just think Lion-O's gonna come out of his trials as a badass worthy of the titles "Lord of the Thundercats."

Agreed

mihoshi 03-31-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 42003)

Any word on when Pumyra, Bengali, and Lynx-O (other than his early cameo) will appear in the series?

hollowdheart 03-31-2012 03:37 PM

Pumyra is in the episode after next, i think.

Balgus82 03-31-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 42190)
Pumyra is in the episode after next, i think.

nah she's a little after that.
First Trials part 2,
then Native Son,
then Survival of the Fittest
THEN the Pit which has Pumyra.

vantheman77 03-31-2012 04:56 PM

I think Bengali might make his debut in Native Son. New Alliances refers to the new evil generals after Grune was lost in Between Brothers.

Eclipse 03-31-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 41240)
I am a big fan of T/P even if lion-o never gets with cheetara..

I come to the thread late but I cannot stop asking this question: since when? You've always said that besides L/C you were shipping B/P! :p What changed your mind?

Eclipse 03-31-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 41298)
It's been mentioned several times that Lion-O probably thought Tygra would have been able to find his way out. He's still gambling with his brother's life (which is pretty irresponsible) but it's because he has faith in Tygra.

You know, just for the sake of argument, Tygra's death could have been a win-win situtation for Lion-O: he gets rid of the brother who questions his decisions, and through his death he gets back at Cheetara for not choosing him. I do believe Lion-O is better than that, but he deadpanned that gamble and I said somewhere else (not in this forum) that he didn't even have the decency of looking guilty nor worried about his brother's fate, so any interpretation could be correct. We could come up with several others but unless they address this issue on the show, none of us is wrong, none of us is right.

Singe 03-31-2012 11:29 PM

It's good Cheetara chose to surrender. Lion-O's decision does fall back on his inexperience at being a leader and his erratic behavior.

The show could have had the axe right on the skin of Tygra's neck with one quick slit that even Cheetara at super speed couldn't stop.

hollowdheart 03-31-2012 11:33 PM

Excuse me? They all would have died if Panthro hadn't saved them. No, Lion-o's decision fell back because Cheetara wasn't willing to risk fighting and her boyfriend possibly dying, so she gave up and they all got captured. I doubt the writers would have let that happen, they love Tygra too much, and this is a kids show. Please stop talking.

Singe 04-01-2012 12:08 AM

Never. Cheetara's decision bought them some time and gave Tygra a bit of extra life time.

Anyway this does fall on Lion-O since he decided to charge head first into the enemies without doing any assessment or planning.

Just this time Cheetara just wasn't in the mood that today was a good day to die.

L08e16o 04-03-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthie (Post 41999)

?????

L08e16o 04-03-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 42330)
I come to the thread late but I cannot stop asking this question: since when? You've always said that besides L/C you were shipping B/P! :p What changed your mind?

Never changed my mind. Always liked tygra and pumyra. I was just saying there are a lot of fans that like bengalai and pumyra.

Always liked to know what happen on 3rd earth with T/P.

Thunderian scholar 07-04-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 40470)
I loved the bit where Slithe called them a Monkian and a Jackalman.

I was rewatching it and that went over my head!:eek::p;)