Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Reviews and Feedback (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Optibotimus Reviews: Thundercats Classic Lion-O (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=2690)

Optibotimus 08-09-2011 02:04 PM

Optibotimus Reviews: Thundercats Classic Lion-O

Here's my review of both the 2011 SDCC and retail version of this new figure.

‪Video Review of the Thundercats Classic; Lion-O (2011 SDCC and retail versions)‬‏ - YouTube

Enjoy guys :)

Ravenxl7 08-09-2011 02:29 PM

Great review. I'll definitely be sticking with the regular retail release of him (might even end-up being my first purchase from the line). The chrome swords and stand are nowhere near enough to make the SDCC/TRU exclusive worth the cost. I just hope that the Classic line continues on for as long as they can make it, lol. As good as Lion-O and Tygra look, it would be said if they were the only one's ever made.

Optibotimus 08-09-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 9568)
Great review. I'll definitely be sticking with the regular retail release of him (might even end-up being my first purchase from the line). The chrome swords and stand are nowhere near enough to make the SDCC/TRU exclusive worth the cost. I just hope that the Classic line continues on for as long as they can make it, lol. As good as Lion-O and Tygra look, it would be said if they were the only one's ever made.

I'd be shocked if they didn't at least make the primary characters. It just wouldn't be right

Shifty02 08-09-2011 03:55 PM

I still think Bandai just went too overboard with the muscle detailing on the SDCC Lion-O. It retail one just looks so much cleaner and more in style with the animation. Just sucks that the swords on the retail are so dang floppy. All I want from the SDCC Lion-O are the weapons and stand. Alas, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Optibotimus 08-09-2011 04:49 PM

I do have to say...while the paint is bad...it has grown on me. It's really weird but i kinda like it now. The clean look is still my preference...but something about the darkness on the SDCC pulls me in more then i thought it would haha

User897 08-09-2011 05:26 PM

Great review. When my figures arrive in the mail, I plan on using the stand and sword from the exclusive and putting them with the retail version for an "ultimate" Lion-O.

Optibotimus 08-09-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User897 (Post 9585)
Great review. When my figures arrive in the mail, I plan on using the stand and sword from the exclusive and putting them with the retail version for an "ultimate" Lion-O.

Thank you.

I think that's a good way to display him..that's what i'm doing :D

Wilyjo 08-10-2011 02:54 PM

The main problem with the SDCC version, at least the one you have is those brown lines on his shoulders. They just look like brown lines that look like they've been splattered somewhere.

Hammerhand 08-11-2011 11:44 AM

I'll definitely stick to the Regular Release when I get these Classics figures.

Hyper Jaguar 08-14-2011 12:08 AM

Now I HAVE to get the Classics Figures.

McSoundwave 08-14-2011 06:31 PM

Cool, detailed showcase. Glad to see you're reviewing the Thundercats Classics as I often check out and enjoy your Transformers' reviews. Suffice it to say, this one did not disappoint. IMO, the "regular" version of Lion-O is head and shoulders superior to the SDCC Lion-O, but I do agree, the accessories from the exclusive are impressive. Although it's not enough to push me to shell out the extra $ for the SDCC figure, I would be interested in purchasing a separate set of the accessories if any sellers on the secondary market happen to break apart their sets. Doubtful that'll ever happen, but one can dream right? LOL. Anyway, keep the reviews coming. Thanks and take care.