Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Info from live chat with the producers! (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=4332)

Icespark 08-28-2011 12:40 PM

Info from live chat with the producers!

Hi everyone!

Here are some tidbits of info from a live internet chat with the producers!

Thundercat nobles do not cut off their own tails, but are born without them.

The Cat ship in eipsode 6 is not the Feliner, just a standard Cat fighter jet.

Mumm-Ra's Mummy-Mobile is officially called the Storm-Charger; we will eventually see why it has that name.

None of the episodes are being written as filler. Each episode will have part of the whole story.

That's about all the information I was able to retrieve. It was also mentioned that the crew might set up something of a weekly chat, presumably after each episode, on their official page. :)

Valdin 08-28-2011 04:26 PM

Nice! Thanks for the info!

Joe Moore 08-29-2011 10:06 AM

Thanks for the info.

crackus 08-29-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icespark (Post 13545)
Hi everyone!

Here are some tidbits of info from a live internet chat with the producers!

Mumm-Ra's Mummy-Mobile is officially called the Storm-Charger; we will eventually see why it has that name.

None of the episodes are being written as filler. Each episode will have part of the whole story.

That's about all the information I was able to retrieve. It was also mentioned that the crew might set up something of a weekly chat, presumably after each episode, on their official page. :)

what happened to panthro's tail then?

Ravenxl7 08-29-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Interesting, if a bit confusing. Maybe the tradition of cutting their tails off eventually affected their genetic make-up to no-longer include that part of their biology.

Quote:

Not surprising. Maybe this will mean the Feliner will make an appearance at some point.

Quote:

Cool name for a cool vehicle. Sort of makes me think it can either create storms, or has the ability to fly through them...or something like that.

Quote:

Some would definitely disagree with this, but I can definitely agree with it. None of the episodes have been filler so far, and by the sound of it none of the future episodes will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackus (Post 13630)
what happened to panthro's tail then?

I would assume it was either cut off when he reached a certain rank, or was something he lost in battle.

IXRolloutIX 08-29-2011 11:15 AM

That explanation for the tails makes NO sense. Wasn't Tigra adopted? Why doesn't he have a tail? Panthro clearly had a tail in the flashbacks from episode 5. Why doesn't he have a tail now? GENETICS IS NO EXCUSE!

ejrussell 08-29-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IXRolloutIX (Post 13633)
That explanation for the tails makes NO sense. Wasn't Tigra adopted? Why doesn't he have a tail? Panthro clearly had a tail in the flashbacks from episode 5. Why doesn't he have a tail now? GENETICS IS NO EXCUSE!

Panthro wasn't a noble. Tygra was adopted, but why can't he be a noble who was adopted. Makes sense to me.

BB Shockwave 08-29-2011 02:35 PM

Tygra is still a noble, I think... just not a lion, hence he cannot be king. Tigers seem to be nobility, if Tygus (who led Mumm-Ra's forces in the ancient past) is any indication.

nitewing73 08-29-2011 03:27 PM

Thanks for sharing. I thought that ship was the Feliner since there were some similarities to it, although it looked more like a fighter than a shuttle which I thought the Feliner was.

SPLIT LIP 08-29-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejrussell (Post 13634)
Panthro wasn't a noble. Tygra was adopted, but why can't he be a noble who was adopted. Makes sense to me.

Indeed. You can be a noble who isn't in line for kingship. The clerics had no tails.

spike78a 08-30-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IXRolloutIX (Post 13633)

genetics isn't a excuse it's the reason. it seems the tigers, lions, cheetahs, and jaguar thunderians don't have tails and they seem to make up most of the noble class, while the panthers and wildcats do have tails and they make up part at least part of the common folk. there doesn't seem to be much mixing between the different types of cats so genetics seems to be the reason. if we end up seeing a lion with a tail then i guess were wrong.

Balgus82 08-30-2011 12:42 PM

From what they've said the tails are a birth defect. Like if you saw a human with a tail (though way more common).

mihoshi 09-03-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Thanks! I have been wondering about the tail thing. :)

BTW WilyKit's and WilyKat's tails make them that much more cute!

PANTHRO HOOO 09-04-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike78a (Post 13751)
genetics isn't a excuse it's the reason. it seems the tigers, lions, cheetahs, and jaguar thunderians don't have tails and they seem to make up most of the noble class, while the panthers and wildcats do have tails and they make up part at least part of the common folk. there doesn't seem to be much mixing between the different types of cats so genetics seems to be the reason. if we end up seeing a lion with a tail then i guess were wrong.

Leo had a tail.

Wilyjo 09-04-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PANTHRO HOOO (Post 14792)
Leo had a tail.

I checked, nah, he didn't. Panthera did, though.

Balgus82 09-04-2011 11:06 PM

He only had a tail in his armored form.

PANTHRO HOOO 09-04-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 14804)
He only had a tail in his armored form.

That's when I noticed it. I thought I missed it. I don't like the tail then I hope Lion-O doesn't grow one when he powers up but I'm sure he will.