Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   6" Tygra (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=13059)

Silverhawk 02-25-2012 10:31 AM

6" Tygra

Has anyone found 6" Tygra at retail?

Mongor 02-25-2012 12:02 PM

The 6" Tygra is only an Urban Legend. :)

Ravenxl7 02-25-2012 02:29 PM

I haven't seen him, or Cheetara, or any of the w2 3-3/4" scaled figures for that matter. If I'm not mistaken, he has been spotted, but is much harder to find than Cheetara. Once the wave hits saturation I doubt it'll be too difficult to find one.

Pizza Man Z 02-26-2012 10:57 AM

I have Cheetara, have seen the w2 3 3/4 figures three times over at my local walfart. Need Tygra but not willing to spend Scalper prices for him.

si3ge 02-27-2012 12:30 PM

I have only seen the Armor of Omens and the new 6" mumm-ra and Lion-o.
I really want Tygra and Cheetara but have not seen them in any of my stores either.

Silverhawk 02-27-2012 04:18 PM

6" tygra

I called the local Walmarts and one of the dept. managers told me that Thundercats did NOT do well at all as far as selling product. She said Walmart bought into the line thinking it would do well but it did not. The local store has everything from the first way of toys as well as the w2 3 3/4" figures, 6" classics, armor of omens, etc. But no Tygra. I think I was the only one to buy the 8" classics and 6" modern figs. And no other products have moved. The pegs are overflowing with figs. So they may not get anything new. Maybe the line really is in trouble.

Covenant 02-28-2012 10:04 AM

I don't know where you are but here in NJ the Walmarts only have Wave 1 leftovers, Sword of Omens, Thundertanks and the crappy playset. All the other stuff moves pretty quickly. I bought the Tygra from an eBay store. I got Tygra and Cheetara as a set for $30 plus shipping. It saved me tons of time and gas after having scoured stores for 2 weeks and finding nothing. You may want to consider this if you're tired of waiting. I only see a Tygra and Lion-O set available now though.

eBay My World - enchantedtoychest

dpcphoto 03-08-2012 12:10 PM

Has anyone found 6" Tygra or deluxe Slithe yet???

VictoryLiger 03-08-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant (Post 37757)
I don't know where you are but here in NJ the Walmarts only have Wave 1 leftovers, Sword of Omens, Thundertanks and the crappy playset. All the other stuff moves pretty quickly. I bought the Tygra from an eBay store. I got Tygra and Cheetara as a set for $30 plus shipping. It saved me tons of time and gas after having scoured stores for 2 weeks and finding nothing. You may want to consider this if you're tired of waiting. I only see a Tygra and Lion-O set available now though.

eBay My World - enchantedtoychest

I ordered that set last week and just got it today. I already had Lion-O, but wanted to get a new one. The sword from my first one was bent pretty badly out of package and would never straighten out no matter what trick I used. In fact, it got worse until it was almost a "C" shape. Thankfully, the one from this set wasn't bent up at all. Tygra is pretty awesome as well. I think he is the best of the 6" figures. I've been very nervous about this line since Toy Fair and have a feeling in my gut that it's not long for store shelves. If you get a chance to get this figure in stores or online, do it quick.

Pizza Man Z 03-18-2012 02:53 PM

I got tired of spending $40 in gas so I just bought the entire set of figures off Big Bad Toys. Not cheap, but my mind was getting out of control with fear I would never find him especially with the way Target and Wal mart are putting them on clearance. I will just take the Cheetara, Lion-o and Other Tygra and customize them.

dpcphoto 03-22-2012 07:09 PM

I tried to e-mail Bandai to see if they could give me any info at all. It's highly unlikely, but worth a shot.

Ravenxl7 03-22-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpcphoto (Post 40285)
I tried to e-mail Bandai to see if they could give me any info at all. It's highly unlikely, but worth a shot.

I've been trying to email them for a while now, but every time I try I get an error message... Even if I am able to get one through, I wouldn't expect much beyond their usual responses to questions. Still, it's worth a try. They do occasionally give out real answers. It's rare, but it happens.

Robear Coll 04-04-2012 05:01 PM

If the worst happens (I REALLLY hope it doesn't) and Bandai gets the Thundercats licensed revoked by WB and the wave 2 that was supposed to contain Tygra never actually hits stores, what will he be worth as a figure in the package? Wouldn't he be the figure that was never released really except a few on enchanted toychest? I'd imagine he'd be a hot ticket if that is the case and Bandai shuts down all production.

englishw 04-04-2012 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robear Coll (Post 43409)
If the worst happens (I REALLLY hope it doesn't) and Bandai gets the Thundercats licensed revoked by WB and the wave 2 that was supposed to contain Tygra never actually hits stores, what will he be worth as a figure in the package? Wouldn't he be the figure that was never released really except a few on enchanted toychest? I'd imagine he'd be a hot ticket if that is the case and Bandai shuts down all production.

Imagine what a first/test shot of the figure would be worth ;o)

Robear Coll 04-04-2012 05:22 PM

I imagine the test prototype open and the sealed 6" Tygra in box would both be worth a hefty sum of cash on ebay if Tygra never makes it to shelves. Kind of like the "mad bubbler" of the new show

englishw 04-04-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robear Coll (Post 43413)
I imagine the test prototype open and the sealed 6" Tygra in box would both be worth a hefty sum of cash on ebay if Tygra never makes it to shelves. Kind of like the "mad bubbler" of the new show

I will not hope for a toy line to die and that figure to never be released...
I will NOT hope for a toy line to die and that figure to never be released...

Robear Coll 04-04-2012 06:35 PM

Dude you and me both brother... I may have my issues with Bandai's line(and there are more than one let me tell you) but I'll be very peeved/sad if the line gets canceled. Out of respect for the fans if that is the case the least they can do is release Tygra 6" and make the wily twins so us collectors can at least complete the 6" team. It'd be cruel not to.

Grippen 04-05-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robear Coll (Post 43426)
Dude you and me both brother... I may have my issues with Bandai's line(and there are more than one let me tell you) but I'll be very peeved/sad if the line gets canceled. Out of respect for the fans if that is the case the least they can do is release Tygra 6" and make the wily twins so us collectors can at least complete the 6" team. It'd be cruel not to.

Yap totally agree specially the twins in my case since I have Tygra already and I think he will pop up sooner or later just retailers are being lazy. Maybe include a more articulated Snarf with the twins also but lets see

AlexofThundera 04-05-2012 08:17 AM

I have the 6" Cheetara along with some of the wave 2 4" figures however there has been no sight of Tygra. I don't believe it has actually been released yet.

None of the WalMarts here have restocked since they got their first initial shipment of wave 2 stuff so hopefully he'll be in the next shipment. It's one of the figures I am most excited about.

Grippen 04-05-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexofThundera (Post 43554)
I have the 6" Cheetara along with some of the wave 2 4" figures however there has been no sight of Tygra. I don't believe it has actually been released yet.

None of the WalMarts here have restocked since they got their first initial shipment of wave 2 stuff so hopefully he'll be in the next shipment. It's one of the figures I am most excited about.

I got mine on ebay even bought an extra Cheetara just because of him and glad I did it because its hard to get. The seller was selling him first with Lion.O later with Cheetara. Probably he is no longer available it took sometime to show up again in their store.

Mongor 04-05-2012 12:08 PM

The seller just had them 2 days ago. 6 sold w/Lion-O and 6 sold w/Cheetara. This was about a month between their last listings of Tygra. He'll be back again. I also think it's just a matter of time before he pops up more frequently.

Mongor 04-05-2012 05:22 PM

Here's another seller with 6. A bit pricey though. I'll wait.

ebay.com/itm/Thundercats-2011-6-inch-Deluxe-Tygra-NEW-/110856033850?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cf88 d63a

englishw 04-05-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongor (Post 43687)
Here's another seller with 6. A bit pricey though. I'll wait.

ebay.com/itm/Thundercats-2011-6-inch-Deluxe-Tygra-NEW-/110856033850?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cf88 d63a

Funny, I was coming here to report the same auction. Too pricey for me as well. I just checked my local Wal-Mart and TRU. Nothing good. TRU is all still on clearance and they look like they have exactly the same stock as a week ago. No movement. Wal-Mart has very little change. About half was on clearance.

Mongor 04-05-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishw (Post 43694)
Funny, I was coming here to report the same auction. Too pricey for me as well. I just checked my local Wal-Mart and TRU. Nothing good. TRU is all still on clearance and they look like they have exactly the same stock as a week ago. No movement. Wal-Mart has very little change. About half was on clearance.

That's what I like about here. People looking out for each other. At least some of us.

englishw 04-06-2012 11:53 AM

All 6 sold within 5 hours at $29.99 + shipping... dang.

Mongor 04-06-2012 12:00 PM

$37.94 a Tygra total. Ummmm......no. In the next few weeks he'll be everywhere.

englishw 04-06-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongor (Post 43872)
$37.94 a Tygra total. Ummmm......no. In the next few weeks he'll be everywhere.

I hope so. There's always the chance though that just a few cases were released before the line was discontinued and we just haven't heard about it yet...

I won't pay more than $20 total for a Tygra until I read that the line is cancelled. Wal-Mart has the wave 1 6" figures for $11 each right now. Crazy.

Dr Kain 04-06-2012 12:09 PM

Either I get him for the normal retail price or I do not get him at all. If the line is cancelled, and the show is cancelled, then I have no need to own Tygra. Paying twice as much for him is not worth it.

Kregermeister 04-06-2012 01:12 PM

Trust me, he's out there, just his wave got held up cause of the shipping fiasco cause most stores canceled their orders, so he wasnt shipped.

Im SURE you'll see plenty of him in discount stores soon, like bandai does with ben10 and Power rangers that went unsold. Anyone spending 40 bucks is gunna feel like a moron when their 4.99.

frodo 04-06-2012 11:07 PM

got cheetara still hoping for a tygra to pop up soon

destiny13777 04-07-2012 12:25 PM

Didn't know he was that rare, maybe you should check your local comicbook stores. For anyone who may live in New York, they had like 2 last time I went to Forbidden Planet.

RedisPower 04-11-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishw (Post 43871)
All 6 sold within 5 hours at $29.99 + shipping... dang.

1 of the 6 right here.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...o/SAM_0007.jpg

Tracer 04-11-2012 05:56 PM

Awesome isn't it? easily their best 6" figure to date

Kregermeister 04-11-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 44963)

And probably their last! :rolleyes:

RedisPower 04-11-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 44963)

Tygra's a decent fgure, limited in some ways. I give props to Bandai on three scores with the 6 inch line.:

1. Articulation

2. Sculpts

3. SCALE, excluding Mumm-ra's figure, it's perfect to the actual accuracy for each character.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 44966)

That's just like tossing the Spirit Stone over your right shoulder. Be patient and wait for the results in the coming months.

Kregermeister 04-11-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedisPower (Post 44967)
That's just like tossing the Spirit Stone over your right shoulder. Be patient and wait for the results in the coming months.

Bandai is notorious for dropping lines of good cartoons because they dont know what to do with them. Remember Avatar the last airbender......? ;)

RedisPower 04-11-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 44979)
Bandai is notorious for dropping lines of good cartoons because they dont know what to do with them. Remember Avatar the last airbender......? ;)

The James Cameron film?

Kregermeister 04-11-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedisPower (Post 44980)
The James Cameron film?

No, thats why I wrote the last airbender.

Avatar was HOT, and Bandai didnt think the girls were gunna sell, so they didnt make them, and the rest of the series was canned and a few of wave 3 slipped out in Hong Kong. They really botched bad.

RedisPower 04-11-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 44986)
No, thats why I wrote the last airbender.

Avatar was HOT, and Bandai didnt think the girls were gunna sell, so they didnt make them, and the rest of the series was canned and a few of wave 3 slipped out in Hong Kong. They really botched bad.

I had no idea that Bandai produced Avatar toys based off of the cartoon series.
You must be thinking Mattel.

Kregermeister 04-11-2012 09:55 PM

Was that Mattel? I could swear it was bandai...? If not, then there was another line bandai royally screwed up and im mixing both. Cause I remember calling Bandai and speaking to a rep about something that was cut....? Eeek!

RedisPower 04-11-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 44990)
Was that Mattel? I could swear it was bandai...? If not, then there was another line bandai royally screwed up and im mixing both. Cause I remember calling Bandai and speaking to a rep about something that was cut....? Eeek!

The only canned series that comes to my mind is, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.
Shame too. :(

Kregermeister 04-11-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedisPower (Post 44992)
The only canned series that comes to my mind is, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.
Shame too. :(

Well that and MMPR re-release. Even though small series 2 was liquidated and rare as hell to find a white ranger.

But yeah Dragon Knight toys looked awesome, didnt buy em but looked really nice for small scale!

Robear Coll 04-11-2012 11:40 PM

Do you think it's possible that wave 2 is getting liquified for Thundercats and the bandai line is over :((( That would make Tygra nearly impossible to find :(

RedisPower 04-12-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robear Coll (Post 45000)
Do you think it's possible that wave 2 is getting liquified for Thundercats and the bandai line is over :((( That would make Tygra nearly impossible to find :(

Until Bandai headlines TNI with the title, "Bandai Thundercats Toyline Canceled", I wont believe crap.
The line is still alive and is selling pretty well in my location. Plus, we just got Wave Two (4 inch) in not too long ago; and I bought them all on sight, especially the new face sculpts of both Tygra and Cheetara.

englishw 04-12-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 44990)

Yeah, it was Mattel. I got into the show late and went looking for toys... much to my disappointment. They are still on my list, but their price has pushed them down the list quite a bit. Although, with the new show The Legend of Korra starting this Saturday, there might be a renewed interest in them and their price may go up... maybe I should try and get them sooner than later... hmm.

Tracer 04-12-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 44966)

I hope not :( I hope we at least get the kids.

Here is a cool group shot someone posted on Fwoosh

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7223/6...82131199_b.jpg

Tracer 04-16-2012 04:03 PM

Get it while you can

Thundercats 2011 6" Collector Figure Series 02 - Case Assortment 'C' of 4 Figures - Thundercats (2011) Figures

THUNDER JEDI 04-16-2012 06:49 PM

Thanks a million for posting the link. I was able to place my order just in time. They are SOLD OUT now. Good lookin' out Tracer!

englishw 04-16-2012 07:20 PM

I can't believe I missed it! Gah!

77kustoms 04-18-2012 06:32 PM

Back up....only by case!
Thundercats (2011) Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles