Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Great Info On the New Series (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=2582)

Pinero 08-06-2011 02:35 PM

Great Info On the New Series
 
With new people coming on asking questions already discussed on the board, I thought maybe a FAQ thread would be helpful?

Q: Is Thundera still another planet?
A: No, Thundera is now a Kingdom on Third Earth.

Q: How can Tygra be Lion-O's brother and if he's older, why isn't he Lord of the ThunderCats?
A: Tygra is adopted and because he is not of the royal bloodline, he can not be Lord of the ThunderCats.

Q: Why do the ThunderKittens have tails?
A: In this new series, Thunderians with tails are considered to be lower class.

Q: Can Snarf still speak?
A: No, he only makes cat-like sounds now and is considered Lion-O's pet rather than a nursemaid.

Q: Will any of the ThunderCats from the original series not appear in this new series?
A: All ThunderCats from the original series will appear in the new one, including Lynx-O, Bengali, and Pumyra. No word on Snarfer.

Q: There hasn't been any sign of the Mutants besides Slithe. Will any of the others appear?
A: Yes. The creators have said the others will show up.

Q: Will the Berbils be in this new series?
A: Yes.

Q: Will Lion-O and company build a Cats Lair fortress?
A: No, word is that they will find refuge in the Tower of Omens. The Cats Lair is seen in the city in the Kingdom of Thundera where Lion-O was raised.

Q: Who are the voice actors for the new ThunderCats series?
A: Will Friedle - Lion-O
Satomi Kohrogi - Snarf
Emmanuelle Chriqui - Cheetara
Larry Kenney - Claudus
Corey Burton - Jaga
Matthew Mercer - Tygra
Eamon Pirruccello - WilyKat
Madeleine Hall - WilyKit
Clancy Brown - Grune
Dee Bradley Baker - Slithe
Kevin Michael Richardson - Panthro
Robin Atkin Downes - Mumm-Ra


Q: How many episodes will there be in the first season?
A: 26


Q: How many seasons will there be?
A: 2


Q: Are any of the voice actors from the original series in this new series?
A: Yes. Larry Kenney was the voice of Lion-O in the original series. He is the voice of Lion-O's father Claudus in the new series.

Q: How old are the ThunderCats?
A: Lion-O=17
Tygra=19/20
Cheetara=19
Kit/Kat=8


I'll edit this if other questions come up.

Pinero 08-06-2011 02:37 PM

My only upset is there will only be 52 episodes all together, awhh! this is too short of a series

Joe Moore 08-06-2011 03:54 PM

Moved. This is not news.

GK Punk 08-06-2011 06:55 PM

That and this is copy and pasted directly from a thread CodeOfThundera Started on ThunderCat's lair with out any proper credit given.

Pinero 08-06-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GK Punk (Post 9157)
That and this is copy and pasted directly from a thread CodeOfThundera Started on ThunderCat's lair with out any proper credit given.

if imma give cred might as well get it from the direct source..
Thundercats Reboot Premieres; Watch Interview With Voice Cast | SciFi Mafia

I didnt give cred to another board because I know some forums dont allow it, but to make you happy I just gave you the direct source link.:cool:

GK Punk 08-06-2011 07:07 PM

You copy and pasted all that text from CodeOfThundera's post. You could at least credit her for writing what you copied.

Pinero 08-06-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GK Punk (Post 9162)
You copy and pasted all that text from CodeOfThundera's post. You could at least credit her for writing what you copied.

well who ever i got it from, i copied n pasted off a F & Q post, not her sorry.

GK Punk 08-06-2011 08:35 PM

Okay, show where you copied this from that wasn't her then. She's been updating the FAQ For a little while now and you have even her edits in there.

ThunderCats 2011 FAQ - ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums

Pinero 08-06-2011 09:37 PM

Alrighty Im not going back and fourth, anybody offended ok then my apology next time I give cred, but like I said I come from forum boards where you are not allowed to link any other forum or you will be banned

GK Punk 08-06-2011 09:46 PM

Giving credit is all that's asked. As someone who has contributed to the Thundercats community, I've seen my stuff word for word pop up other places with out credit and it's really not cool to do that. (Not saying you personally have taken anything from me.)

As long as you credit people, when you report info it's cool to copy it like this because at least the person that spent time writing it gets their due.

Ravenxl7 08-06-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinero (Post 9129)
My only upset is there will only be 52 episodes all together, awhh! this is too short of a series

From what I've read in some of the past interviews, they've only planned out two seasons, but by no means have they said there will only be two. I imagine their taking a wait-and-see approach, and if things go well they'll probably start work on more.

Pinero 08-06-2011 11:48 PM

they relating a little bit to the OS, on the OS episode call "Return to Thundera" slithe using technology against the Katz.. it just dont fit right with me if they end it in no way connected to the OS, if not they basically ruined a classic with a twisted story line from the OS in which I dont agree with

Pinero 08-06-2011 11:51 PM

also what will make the new series better is if they stick to a story line, because the OS is just episode after each with no story connected, so if anything the new series will have the ups on that if they keep it up

Pinero 08-07-2011 12:02 AM

the OS episode return to thundera, when liono space traveled in the past and tried to enter the thundera palace, other thundercats security uses technology weapons against him.. so they really screwed up already so i wouldnt be surprise if mumm-ra kill Jaga instead of him dying to sacrafice his life on exodus..
and you cannot say, well in the OS maybe he traveled back into time where tcats was using technology, no becuase the security at the gate still says liono is a child

Tony_Bacala 08-07-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinero (Post 9196)
they relating a little bit to the OS, on the OS episode call "Return to Thundera" slithe using technology against the Katz.. it just dont fit right with me if they end it in no way connected to the OS, if not they basically ruined a classic with a twisted story line from the OS in which I dont agree with

I am pretty sure this is an all new continuity, with re-imagining of core elements from the original. Not officially connected. However, stranger things have happened.

NinSage 08-21-2011 01:37 PM

hi all. I'm new here!

I was a big fan of the "OS" back in the 80s and now I'm crazy about the new show.

I joined the forum specifically to ask about Tygra being both not lion-y and not next in line for the throne if he is older. Looks like this thread has answered my question with the fact that he is adopted.

If I'm not mistaken, we haven't seen anything in the episodes themselves that says this, right? In other words, they will probably reveal that backstory in a future, flash-back drenched, episode, right? For now, we are still probably supposed to be confused about all that, no?

Thanks in advance!

Ravenxl7 08-21-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinSage (Post 11935)
hi all. I'm new here!

I was a big fan of the "OS" back in the 80s and now I'm crazy about the new show.

I joined the forum specifically to ask about Tygra being both not lion-y and not next in line for the throne if he is older. Looks like this thread has answered my question with the fact that he is adopted.

If I'm not mistaken, we haven't seen anything in the episodes themselves that says this, right? In other words, they will probably reveal that backstory in a future, flash-back drenched, episode, right? For now, we are still probably supposed to be confused about all that, no?

Thanks in advance!

In the premiere, Grune made a comment about the bloodline, which makes it obvious that Tygra was adopted, but in a more subtle way. Though I do hope they delve into it in a future episode. Would be interesting to find out the reason Claudus adopted him. Would also be a chance to introduce Lion-O's mother, and reveal whatever happened to her.

NinSage 08-21-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 11938)
In the premiere, Grune made a comment about the bloodline, which makes it obvious that Tygra was adopted, but in a more subtle way.

Ah, cool. I'll have to go back and look for that sometime...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 11938)
Though I do hope they delve into it in a future episode. Would be interesting to find out the reason Claudus adopted him.

Exactly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 11938)
Would also be a chance to introduce Lion-O's mother, and reveal whatever happened to her.

Yup!

Thanks for the info, friend!

Ravenxl7 08-21-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinSage (Post 11944)
Thanks for the info, friend!

No problem. I know what it's like to be new on a forum like this. Oh, and welcome to the boards.

Valdin 08-21-2011 03:23 PM

52 episodes? Really? Where did you see this? I thought I saw something that stated they had a 200 episode story arc worked out. I hope it lasts more than 2 seasons. You never know though since it is on cartoon network. Clone wars is going on to its 4th season. Hopefully thundercats is doing well in the ratings and goes quite a while.

Sideswipe80 08-21-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdin (Post 11958)
52 episodes? Really? Where did you see this? I thought I saw something that stated they had a 200 episode story arc worked out. I hope it lasts more than 2 seasons. You never know though since it is on cartoon network. Clone wars is going on to its 4th season. Hopefully thundercats is doing well in the ratings and goes quite a while.

I'd love this show to go 200. The original almost hit 200 if I remember correctly. Can't wait to see Pumyra, Bengali and Lynx-O again. I do hope we get the Lunataks and Berserkers.

User897 08-21-2011 04:03 PM

I'm not going to believe the episode count is going to be ALL of the episodes until I read it on WB's page. However, these days it is smart for the production company and licensees to be cautious. Want more cartoon and merchandise? Keep watching, buying, and stay involved. That's what I plan on doing. :)

Balgus82 08-21-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdin (Post 11958)
52 episodes? Really? Where did you see this? I thought I saw something that stated they had a 200 episode story arc worked out. I hope it lasts more than 2 seasons. You never know though since it is on cartoon network. Clone wars is going on to its 4th season. Hopefully thundercats is doing well in the ratings and goes quite a while.

No way they have 200 episodes planned out already. Most shows can't even hope to get 200 episodes much less pay to have the story worked out that far before the show even airs.

Ravenxl7 08-21-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User897 (Post 11970)
Want more cartoon and merchandise? Keep watching, buying, and stay involved. That's what I plan on doing. :)

This. The more of us fans that keep involved with all things Thundercats, the better chance the show and toy line have at continuing for the foreseeable future.

From what I've read, they've got twenty-six episodes planned-out, and already have the overall story arch they want the show to have laid out. Though it's impossible to say how many episodes that story arc will inevitably result in. Personally I hope it lasts as long as it can.

NinSage 08-21-2011 10:36 PM

I think 3-4 seasons would be perfect.

Even though I enjoy being able to watch a show "indefinitely," I find it's much more important that said show maintain its quality 'til the end.

Remember...
you can watch a great 3 or 4 season show as many times as you want and probably will notice new things each time. But a show with 4 good seasons and 2 awful seasons will leave a bitter taste in the end.

I can't wait to see what a new Bengali will look/be like. Not sure what it is about those tigers but Tygra and Bengali have always been my favorites!

QUESTION: Tygra needs/uses his whip to turn invisible right?

A) In the "Old Friends" episode I know he goes invisible at some point but I don't remember seeing him bust out the whip when he did. Can't anyone confirm/deny this?

B) Is it the whip that is special or Tygra? In other words, if Panthro used the whip would he turn invisible? Could Tygra use something else to turn invisible?

Thoughts? ^_^

User897 08-21-2011 11:01 PM

I examined the scene frame by frame in HD, and it appears that Tygra's whip is not out at all. He used his fists and didn't appear to grab anything from his utility belt. His right hand definitely had nothing in it when he reappeared, but it can't be certain that there was nothing in his left hand, since it was out of frame.

NinSage 08-22-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User897 (Post 12036)
I examined the scene frame by frame in HD, and it appears that Tygra's whip is not out at all. He used his fists and didn't appear to grab anything from his utility belt. His right hand definitely had nothing in it when he reappeared, but it can't be certain that there was nothing in his left hand, since it was out of frame.

hmmmm, very interesting. it would be pretty cool if that was just his "power" this time around. kind of like Cheetara's speed.

although, is it just me or has Cheetara's speed been taken down a notch in the new show? nothing wrong with that... just seems more like the relative speed of a cheetah more than a "super power."

thoughts?

englishw 08-22-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideswipe80 (Post 11961)
I'd love this show to go 200. The original almost hit 200 if I remember correctly. Can't wait to see Pumyra, Bengali and Lynx-O again. I do hope we get the Lunataks and Berserkers.

There were 130 episodes in the original series. I think somewhere between 100 and 200 would be awesome for this new run :)

Thundercats drawingz 07-03-2012 12:56 AM

Will there be any other thundercat related stuff after the sires is done like a thundercats 2.0 where its all of their children sort of like young justice


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.