Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Deluxe slithe (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=33591)

test 03-03-2013 02:22 PM

Deluxe slithe

I know this topic has been done to death , but has any news surfaced regarding deluxe slithe ??
I was lucky enough to buy one ages ago when they first surfaced on ebay at a relatively cheap price and have kept it mint in sealed box with the rest of my collection ....
But now I have every single thundercats 2011/2012 figure moc apart from metal arms panthro I am kinda feeling at a dead end with it all due to the end of the show and the toy line ..... I'm Getting tempted to sell up everything and just concentrate on classics thundercats and transformers masterpieces ....
But it would be a shame after all the effort I put in to getting them all lol

So anyways .... I guess I'm just curious about the status of slithe in the USA .... Has he started showing up or is this guy gonna become my treasure item and retirement fund for the future lol

THUNDER JEDI 03-03-2013 04:50 PM

This figure shows up on ebay every now and then, but at high prices. There are currently only two on ebay right now, one for $79.99 + $10.85 shipping and the other for $57.99 + $15.13 shipping. It's still the rarest from the bandai 2011 CN series.

Luketommo2 03-26-2013 03:35 PM

One had just appeared on eBay.co.uk as an auction but I spoke to the seller and agreed a £40 buy it now and I'm so happy with this

This will be like a liono thunder wings in years to come!

The value will be in the £100's in a few years

booshman 03-28-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luketommo2 (Post 71875)
One had just appeared on eBay.co.uk as an auction but I spoke to the seller and agreed a £40 buy it now and I'm so happy with this

I've sold a couple loose and have one for my own collection, no accessories though. Been keeping an eye on the prices as they pop up and they are pretty steep.

I highly doubt that there will be a situation where this figure will be as sought after as the rare vintage ones are now. It's a rare figure, but the new series won't have the nostalgia factor driving their prices like the old series does.

Lody 03-28-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luketommo2 (Post 71875)

New to toy collecting are we?

LiarDice Films 03-29-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booshman (Post 72007)
I've sold a couple loose and have one for my own collection, no accessories though. Been keeping an eye on the prices as they pop up and they are pretty steep.

I highly doubt that there will be a situation where this figure will be as sought after as the rare vintage ones are now. It's a rare figure, but the new series won't have the nostalgia factor driving their prices like the old series does.

I agree. This toy may have some what of a rarity right now but that will soon disapear into the ether the same as the new cartoon series.
The reason the LJN vintage line is so popular is due to the emmense nostalgia the original show has on people.
To pay £40 for a figure that only came out a year ago is a bit extreme. As long as you wanted it just to complete a collection and not as an investment tool

LiarDice Films 04-03-2013 07:14 AM

Well it seems that the Bandai Deluxe Slithe is less a rarity and more a common figure now its appeared in bulk on eBay uk in the last week

booshman 04-03-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiarDice Films (Post 72448)
Well it seems that the Bandai Deluxe Slithe is less a rarity and more a common figure now its appeared in bulk on eBay uk in the last week

I noticed this too, wonder where the stock has come from?

Lody 04-03-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booshman (Post 72487)
I noticed this too, wonder where the stock has come from?

From all the produced figures

This isnt going to be a hard to find item

It's a hard to find RIGHT NOW item

LiarDice Films 04-10-2013 02:16 PM

Sorry to rain on the parade of all the people trying to profit from this figure with crazy prices on eBay, but it's available on the UK amazon via UK you store the Entertainer for £3.25. Enjoy people!

test 04-10-2013 02:50 PM

Must have been a very small stock because I just checked entertainers website and they are sold out , and then I went to amazon and bought the last one remaining...
...it's Dispatched from the entertainer though so it would seem they got the stock .... 3.25 is a bargain rare or not lol .... And no I'm not gonna flog it at a ridiculous price , I'm going to keep it as a lesson/reminder for myself to always wait it out before jumping the gun and paying over the odds for a figure that will eventually show up cheap lol ...
With the exception of my transformers masterpieces where it's actually cheaper to buy early

adssse 04-10-2013 09:42 PM

If these come back in stock on Amazon UK, do they ship to the US?

LiarDice Films 04-11-2013 01:46 AM

I've checked this morning and its back on amazon uk. I tried and they won't ship to a US address. I'm sure one of us can buy and ship to our American brothers

Revision - they've sold out again. I bought two so if anyone wants to buy the other for price I paid plus postage to your country fire me a message

Luketommo2 04-11-2013 05:22 PM

Hi all

I managed to buy a delux slithe and 2 delux panthros cheap via the toy entertainer and I asked if they had/were getting any more and they advised that they received 20 of each from bandai USA unsold stock and that they would not be getting any more so well done to everyone who got them up cheap.

Note they are now fully sold out on amazon/eBay/toy entertainers own website-even if they show instock when you progress in the order it advises they are sold out.

Just wish I didn't pay £40 for a slithe 2 weeks ago!!! At least I got another 3 for £3.25 each

I wonder if they will get a load of storm chargers/armor of omens soon

booshman 04-18-2013 03:43 AM

I found some yesterday in the Entertainer Store in Liverpool. They're now on sale on eBay.co.UK through the Entertainer also. £3.25 plus delivery.

glane21 05-06-2013 04:01 PM

Props to LiarDice Films for the hooking me up with a Slithe from the UK. Thanks bro!

englishw 05-06-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glane21 (Post 74881)
Props to LiarDice Films for the hooking me up with a Slithe from the UK. Thanks bro!

Yes, many thanks and props to LiarDice Films!

adssse 05-06-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishw (Post 74884)
Yes, many thanks and props to LiarDice Films!

Agreed. What you do for fellow fans is very much appreciated!

AmuroMkII 05-07-2013 12:02 AM

You guys living in the UK are lucky to get Slithe and on clearance even. it's ironic that those stocks came from Bandai America and now people stateside can't even get their hands on them. their marketing and distribution system is a big FAIL. it would take nothing short of a miracle if I see some here in the Philippines :)

LiarDice Films 05-07-2013 05:56 AM

I'm sick of people profiting from true collectors and fans. If ever similar deals come up I will always help fellow forum members out.

thetoylegend 06-03-2013 02:30 PM

i have an extra deluxe slithe mint sealed asking 50 plus shipping msg if interested need paypal with credit card for instant payment and shipping

booshman 06-03-2013 02:35 PM

I've got 2 of these spare still sealed and factory fresh. Anyone who wants one give me a shout. Just asking that you cover the postage and packing as well as what I paid, which was £3.25. I'm even open to a trade if you've got something you're looking to get rid of.

Lody 06-03-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booshman (Post 77129)
I've got 2 of these spare still sealed and factory fresh. Anyone who wants one give me a shout. Just asking that you cover the postage and packing as well as what I paid, which was £3.25. I'm even open to a trade if you've got something you're looking to get rid of.

Wouldn't mind one...

Captn Cracka 06-03-2013 10:23 PM

booshman, if you still have a deluxe slithe available. let me know. would love to get my hands on one. i have a few items for trade

booshman 06-04-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lody (Post 77172)
Wouldn't mind one...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captn Cracka (Post 77174)
booshman, if you still have a deluxe slithe available. let me know. would love to get my hands on one. i have a few items for trade

PM sent.

booshman 06-06-2013 11:09 AM

I've just got another 2 Slithe figures. The ones I mentioned earlier are being held for those I PM'ed. So I have 2 definitely available. Price for the US is looking about £10 for tracked post, £3.25 for the figure and £1.75 for postage materials and PayPal fees. So £15 all in, less if you're on the UK.

Lody 06-07-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booshman (Post 77366)
I've just got another 2 Slithe figures. The ones I mentioned earlier are being held for those I PM'ed. So I have 2 definitely available. Price for the US is looking about £10 for tracked post, £3.25 for the figure and £1.75 for postage materials and PayPal fees. So £15 all in, less if you're on the UK.

What is £15 in dollars?

englishw 06-07-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lody (Post 77483)
What is £15 in dollars?

$23.31

https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1...+in+dollars%3F

TIGER007 06-07-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmuroMkII (Post 74919)
You guys living in the UK are lucky to get Slithe and on clearance even. it's ironic that those stocks came from Bandai America and now people stateside can't even get their hands on them. their marketing and distribution system is a big FAIL. it would take nothing short of a miracle if I see some here in the Philippines :)

...yeah and try talking to the idots in CAlifornia ...they are the rudest customer service in MODERN DAY TOY MARKETS!!...:rolleyes:

snarfsnarf 06-08-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGER007 (Post 77494)
...yeah and try talking to the idots in CAlifornia ...they are the rudest customer service in MODERN DAY TOY MARKETS!!...:rolleyes:

I have to say I had to contact Bandai about the Thundertank issue and they sent a part out and it came the next day. With that being said, when I asked them about Slithe they never even responded.

Big thanks to booshman for the help getting us in the US a Slithe!

booshman 06-10-2013 10:52 AM

Captn Cracka and Bigtaco sent on Friday, snarfsnarf and Pallas going out tomorrow. Can anyone who sends payment please pay me in pounds, otherwise I have to pay a currency conversion fee. Also, include your username on the transaction details. If I haven't been given your real name or zip code via PM, I can't identify your payment when I receive it.

I currently have the last 2 of these on hold pending payment, so no more requests for now please.

englishw 06-10-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snarfsnarf (Post 77570)
I have to say I had to contact Bandai about the Thundertank issue and they sent a part out and it came the next day. With that being said, when I asked them about Slithe they never even responded.

Big thanks to booshman for the help getting us in the US a Slithe!

I contacted Bandai about a missing whip back when the 6" Tygra was hard to find and they sent me a whip in the mail free of charge. I was quite happy with their customer service.

http://www.thundercats.ws/tygra-came...ut-whip-21825/

pallas 06-10-2013 12:51 PM

thanks booshman, great trading with you. Looking forward to slithe.

booshman 06-11-2013 03:06 PM

Pallas, Lody and snarfsnarf all have figures on the way. One Slithe still reserved pending a PM from the interested party. If its not claimed I'll offer it up.

snarfsnarf 06-18-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booshman (Post 77831)
Pallas, Lody and snarfsnarf all have figures on the way. One Slithe still reserved pending a PM from the interested party. If its not claimed I'll offer it up.

Got my Slithe today, super fast shipping! Thanks