Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Collection Showcase (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Booshman's 2011 Tcats figures (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=31201)

booshman 01-02-2013 07:28 AM

Booshman's 2011 Tcats figures

8 Attachment(s)
Here are the figures I've picked up in China. All were loose, other than Claudus which I got boxed. Some are without accessories.

1. Deluxe Panthro, Lion-O and Tygra. Came without stands.

2. Tygra (long whip), and Lion-O (big claw) unpainted other than the head.

3. Clear Tygra, Tygus and Snarf. No vehicles or playsets.

4. Lizard and Slithe, no accessories.

5. Racer Lion-O and Tygra. 2 with clear plastic limbs with glitter inside.

6. Claudus and Grune, complete.

7. Gold Lion-O, no armor of Omens. (5 extra heads)

8. Mumm-Ra, no accessories or front skirt.

adssse 01-02-2013 10:24 PM

Cool. I really like the unpainted/clear limb variants!

pallas 01-02-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adssse (Post 68019)
Cool. I really like the unpainted/clear limb variants!

And they have glitter! Love them!

booshman 01-12-2013 10:25 PM

Just noticed that some of the glittery ones are now showing up on ebay.

I found some fakes in a market the other day, didn't buy them as the quality was terrible.
Tygra, lizard soldier, Tygus and Slithe, all made of this really bad bendy plastic and really sloppy paint jobs. I wish I could have got a pic.

glane21 01-14-2013 10:41 AM

Where did you get these, at a chinese flea market or something?

booshman 01-15-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glane21 (Post 68528)
Where did you get these, at a chinese flea market or something?

No, they're from a wholesalers. They're legit figures, just came without the packaging. You can get all sorts of things there, some that have failed quality control due to bad paint jobs, have been put together incorrectly or are otherwise imperfect. There's lots of fakes of course. And there's stuff that's just old stock that they still have. Lots of bargains to be had and cool stuff to sift through.

glane21 01-16-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booshman (Post 68537)
No, they're from a wholesalers. They're legit figures, just came without the packaging. You can get all sorts of things there, some that have failed quality control due to bad paint jobs, have been put together incorrectly or are otherwise imperfect. There's lots of fakes of course. And there's stuff that's just old stock that they still have. Lots of bargains to be had and cool stuff to sift through.

Interesting, I wonder what kind of set Bandai had the clear limbed Lion-o and Tygra planned for.

booshman 01-17-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glane21 (Post 68572)
Interesting, I wonder what kind of set Bandai had the clear limbed Lion-o and Tygra planned for.

I think it's more likely that they were produced independently of Bandai by the factory, using the same molds as the released racers.

THUNDER JEDI 02-06-2013 07:32 PM

Just scored a set of the clear coloured limbs figures off ebay plus 2 of the regular thunderracer figures and a wave 1 lion-o. They're coming from China. Thanks for posting pics. I'm glad you showed us these figures. Now I can have them in my collection too.

THUNDER JEDI 02-06-2013 10:54 PM

I wonder if bandai planned to make these figures for the Astral plane episode. Lion-o and Tygra are the only main hero characters that entered the Astral plane.

booshman 02-07-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI (Post 69539)
I wonder if bandai planned to make these figures for the Astral plane episode. Lion-o and Tygra are the only main hero characters that entered the Astral plane.

You never know, it's a possibility. Seams odd they would be in their racer costumes though.

THUNDER JEDI 02-07-2013 11:57 AM

They made invisible Tygra and gold Lion-o in their racer suits. Bandai said at one point that the gold Lion-o would be in the show and he never was. I think they just liked reusing those molds because the figures were cheaper to make. I guess we'll never know, but it's fun to speculate. Those figures are very interesting. I can imagine some kind of light up base or something that they may have had planned for them. That would have been cool.

THUNDER JEDI 02-20-2013 12:59 AM

Hey man. My figures arrived from China today and my Tygra has a wave 1 style head unlike yours with the standard racer/wave 2 head. I'm starting a thread to go into more details about these figures.

AmuroMkII 05-06-2013 10:27 PM

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums. Been starting to get Thundercat 4" stuff since they went on clearance here in the philippines.

I love your china haul and i'm surprised to see that Slithe is no bigger than the lizard trooper. I guess if Slithe is too hard to find, then I might as well just customize a lizard trooper and turn him into slithe :).

thanks for sharing your hauls!