Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Maybe a silly question (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=8419)

LiarDice Films 11-25-2011 05:43 PM

Maybe a silly question

Hi guys maybe a silly question as I'm not that clues up with the history behind TC's other than watching the shows, but even though the new show is theoretically a prequal, do you think Ben Gali as a black smith will appear?
He's such a cool character and a nice guy it would be great to see the new take in him, visually and portrayal. Just a thought

Balgus82 11-25-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiarDice Films (Post 22273)
Hi guys maybe a silly question as I'm not that clues up with the history behind TC's other than watching the shows, but even though the new show is theoretically a prequal, do you think Ben Gali as a black smith will appear?
He's such a cool character and a nice guy it would be great to see the new take in him, visually and portrayal. Just a thought

the new show isn't a prequel at all. it's a reimagining.

as for Bengali, I'm sure he'll be in it. Lynxo has already made an appearance and Pumyra has been confirmed in an interview.

LiarDice Films 11-25-2011 06:17 PM

'reimagining' well to me it's a story of their youth and before the 80's shows so in my eyes a prequal of such. Maybe I should pay more attention to the new cartoons

I know Larry Kenney said ;
"The series really begins as a prequel to the original in that Claudus is still lord of the ThunderCats and Lion-O is just a little boy...it begins with Claudus putting Lion-O through his paces, preparing him to take over the mantle and the Sword of Omens."

Paul 11-25-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiarDice Films (Post 22277)
'reimagining' well to me it's a story of their youth and before the 80's shows so in my eyes a prequal of such. Maybe I should pay more attention to the new cartoons

I know Larry Kenney said ;
"The series really begins as a prequel to the original in that Claudus is still lord of the ThunderCats and Lion-O is just a little boy...it begins with Claudus putting Lion-O through his paces, preparing him to take over the mantle and the Sword of Omens."

Besides the fact that it's not a prequel, it can't be one anyway dude - in the original Lion-o is an 8 year old boy whose cryogenic chamber malfunctions so he misses all of his teenage years.

LiarDice Films 11-25-2011 07:29 PM

I was just quoting Larry Kenney. That's all. In my eyes it's a re- invention which accurse pre-1980's show so while they've given it a new veneer it's still I guess more in depth discovery of each character, their history etc.
My initial question was really I hope they show a 'reimagined' Ben gali.
The new series is clever and well structured buit the original will always give me that warm feeling inside when I see the intro striking accros the screen

Yasraina 11-26-2011 08:53 AM

Look maybe they will put him and who knows maybe he will be Tygras lost real sibling.(because he is a tiger too,my idea thought don't take it for granded.) I remember in the original when Lion-o initiated Lynx-o Pumayra and Ben-gali that when the symbol entered Ben-gali Tygra turn torwards him and called him brother. But as i said who knows? :)