Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Ep 16 Trials of Lion-O Pt 2 Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=16172)

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:16 PM

I had to wait (Appendix removed) to watch this. Excellent episode.

Now that Lion-o is reborn with fire, we can finally see the other characters fleshed out.

Love hearing tygra say whiskers.

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 44040)
Cool episode. But that happened to the thundertank?

Plot convenience.:D

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 44041)
Loved the episode. And LOVED that Addicus actually sounded like Monkian this time.

though I do think the episode went by a little fast and Mumm-Ra seriously needs a few victories under his belt. At this point Kaynar has done more damage than he has. I mean he ran away!

And yeah where was the Thundertank?!

This is what I have been saying for a while. Mummra needs to one up the Tcats or lion-o.

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamofEternia (Post 44048)
the episodes does go by really fast which really sucks. so im guessing the brotherly rivalry and the love triangle has come to an end since liono has learned that there are more important things at hand.

Nope.

We get tygra and lion-o developing in the next episode.

We need to flesh out the characters.

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 44052)
I was a bit bothered by Tygra's sudden attack plans. He's criticized Lion-o on this before plenty of times, but he goes ahead and just does it anyway. And then after they lose he somehow thinks he can understand what Lion-o went through? Um, maybe with the fighting aspect, but not with anything else. I don't recall anyone on the team badgering him and being overly rude and telling him off for being reckless. I did like Kit's moments and her faith in Lion-o, and the reunion, but everything else seemed a bit, stupid, like Panthro's Trial.

They had to cram a lot in that episode.

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:28 PM

What is up with cheetara not reacting to seeing jaga there in the end.

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 44059)
Another frickin' nonsense. What happened to "MUMM-RA THE EVER LIVING!".
Mumm-Ra needed to return to "villain school" with Joker and the rest of Batman's freaks.:eek:

He was weak. He took off running. The ASoE should've just took out mummra there.

cmangund 04-07-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 44149)

Oh it's just another one of those anorexic ho's "stupid OOC moment". :eek:

stac 04-07-2012 07:35 PM

While this was a nice episode, I don’t understand how they expect us to believe Mumm-Ra is much of a credible threat anymore. One moment he’s talking about how his powers are “immeasurable” within the pyramid, and the next moment he basically turns tail and runs away! A bit pathetic really, for such a feared villain.

Also, they didn’t really touch the silly triangle this episode, which was nice. I hope that Cheetara receives some greatly needed character development in the future episodes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 44080)
He didn't run. He jumped on a giant bird and flew. I'd bet that made his traveling MUCH faster.

As for Mumm-Ra taking a whole episode to free the Eye from the Sword, don't forget that he didn't know how to break the spell when he had Jaga captured. He most likely was experimenting.

He only used the giant bird creature to fly up to the ledge where he initially fell to his “death.” He then practically runs the whole way to Mumm-Ra’s lair without breaking a sweat.

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 44152)

I would've been shocked. He appears before them and they are like they seen this before.

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singe (Post 44072)
I really doubt it. There has never been any solid skills or attributes that allows the hero to find a way to win, it's just plot and/or luck depending on the story. Either the hero is suppose to have it or not.

Nice going for Tygra to call Panthro by his rank. It also seem that with Lion-O not there, the group cohesion was different.

Bad fall for Mumm-ra to get his bony hide kicked in his own temple. The show will probably give him the next stone or a power boost.

He proabably get the green stone and beat them.

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:40 PM

They let lion-o loose to tygra, because they will explore that next episode. Plus it is more dramatic with lion-o giving up his soul to save them.

Chique 04-07-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 44152)

You seriously just don't care who you offend. Do you not know what anorexia is? Do you know the pain and struggle people who suffer from it go through? Mental and physical pain, people die from it. Lots of them young girls. Oh, good thing were not in a forum dedicated to a show that's aimed at little kids.

I get it, you don't like her. But why associate your hate and ridicule of her with a serious mental illness?

On a more related note, I also thought it was weird that Cheetara didn't show much of a reaction. I think it was another time restraint, the focus was on Lion-O and Jagga. Cheetara would have taken time from that.

cmangund 04-07-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 44143)
Plot convenience.:D

OR maybe the Thunderthank brokedown again?:D
Berbils needed to do more upgrades with the Thunderthank.:D

L08e16o 04-07-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 44164)
OR maybe the Thunderthank brokedown again?:D
Berbils needed to do more upgrades with the Thunderthank.:D

It was in stealth mode. You just couldn't see it.:D

cmangund 04-07-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 44156)
I would've been shocked. He appears before them and they are like they seen this before.

Yeah can be done better, technically speaking.

L08e16o 04-07-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 44166)
Yeah can be done better, technically speaking.

I think it is the time thing, plus they are aiming at the kids. Some kids wouldn't pick up on that.

cmangund 04-07-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 44165)

Or the animators "forgot" to draw it...:D

L08e16o 04-07-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 44171)
or the animators "forgot" to draw it...:d

:d:d:d:d:d

Singe 04-07-2012 08:40 PM

If Mumm-ra was able to take the Spirit Stone, Lion-O would have been dead.

Lion-O: I'm am the Lord of the Thundercats.
Mumm-ra: *Looks around.* What Thundercats?
Lion-O: Those Thundercats. *Points to the group.*
Mumm-ra: That band of misfits. *Laughs* Sure, what ever makes you sleep at night. Hey, you can go out into the desert and build yourself a sand castle. *Laughs* Maybe you'll be able to draw more subjects than 3 adults, 2 kids, and a ghost that shows up whenever it gets bored being dead. Now if you excuse me, I have to go deal with a doctor who's been shorting me on my supply of Evil Dark Roids.

cmangund 04-07-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singe (Post 44177)
If Mumm-ra was able to take the Spirit Stone, Lion-O would have been dead.

Lion-O: I'm am the Lord of the Thundercats.
Mumm-ra: *Looks around.* What Thundercats?
Lion-O: Those Thundercats. *Points to the group.*
Mumm-ra: That band of misfits. *Laughs* Sure, what ever makes you sleep at night. Hey, you can go out into the desert and build yourself a sand castle. *Laughs* Maybe you'll be able to draw more subjects than 3 adults, 2 kids, and a ghost that shows up whenever it gets bored being dead. Now if you excuse me, I have to go deal with a doctor who's been shorting me on my supply of Evil Dark Roids.

Mumm-ra needed to change his 'Doctor'...:D

stormbringer 04-07-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stac (Post 44155)
While this was a nice episode, I don’t understand how they expect us to believe Mumm-Ra is much of a credible threat anymore. One moment he’s talking about how his powers are “immeasurable” within the pyramid, and the next moment he basically turns tail and runs away! A bit pathetic really, for such a feared villain.

Also, they didn’t really touch the silly triangle this episode, which was nice. I hope that Cheetara receives some greatly needed character development in the future episodes.

He only used the giant bird creature to fly up to the ledge where he initially fell to his “death.” He then practically runs the whole way to Mumm-Ra’s lair without breaking a sweat.

I think poor Mumm-ra must have peaked early in the series. It's been downhill every time he's showed up since...

CCDustyV 04-07-2012 09:04 PM

betting Mumm Ra will get the last two stones, giving him a powered claw and sword of his own, thus making the odds more equal for the final battle.

as for this ep, loved it! Kit's loyalty was astounding.

first time in the series Tygra called Lion O "My King" without a hint of sarcasm.

I agree with several posts, the boys' rivalry will ease a bit now, but I still stand that the love triangle will probably continue, tho likely less tensely.

also loved them all practically pouncing Lion O at the end for answers to Jaga's vague "Ultimate Sacrifice".

Lion O now has a new lease on life, and the Cats have experience the loss of him. looking forward to seeing where it goes from here :)

Singe 04-07-2012 09:47 PM

I ran the whole Panthro trial in my head and put Panthro more like Principal Lewis from American Dad.

After Lion-O fails to push Panthro out of the circle.
Panthro: Come on think, how do you get me out of the circle.
Lion-O: I am your King, and I order you to leave the circle.
Panthro: *Spits off to the side.* You're King of nothing but ruins. Try again.
Lion-O: Will you please leave the circle?
Panthro: *Roars* What are you, pussycat now? Keep it up and I'll pounce your sorry tail.
Lion-O: *angry* Don't you call me that?
Panthro: What are you going to do, *long slow down* pussycat?
Lion-O: If you don't shut up and get out this circle, I swear by the Ancient Spirits of Evil that I will *bleeping* cut you with the Sword of Omens!!
Panthro: *Laughs and leaves the circle.*
Lion-O: Huh?
Panthro: There you go. A king must not just take charge, he needs to be the Alpha and lay it down if his subordinates step out of line.
Lion-O: Cool.

Tracer 04-07-2012 10:33 PM

I wonder if we are going to see more of Jaga now via the stone or if that was a one time deal.

Pravus Prime 04-08-2012 12:02 AM

Ugh. I'm really on the bubble about dropping this series; I'm not sure at this point if I'll bother to watch it next week.

Mumm-ra is a wuss. Flat out wuss. People seem to have a very selective memory of the '80's Mumm-Ra, who had a winning record in combat against Lion-O (27-12).

The lessons/trials were stupid and the one move I thought took balls to make; having Lion-O die again at sunrise ended up being a non-issue. No, I wasn't expecting Lion-O to die for realsies, but for something of a compromise to be made, like Pheonix from the X-men with all the cats giving a portion of their life to keep Lion-O (and thus getting their cat emblems on their red jewels). Something, anything, even the soul gem burning itself out for a while, or perhaps Lion-O bonds with the Sword of Omens to stay alive, anything other then a return for no reason to status quo.

Wily Kats flute was given so much power, you have to wonder why they even fight. Just have kat play a song and the enemy are stupified and beaten. The End.

I'm not even going to go into any of the other myriad of problems this series has, because why should I spend more effort then the writing team?

hollowdheart 04-08-2012 12:08 AM

What i didn't get was why the trials were also judging his willingness to die for his teammates when that's why he died in the first place -- to protect Kit.

CreepySariFan 04-08-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 44138)
Well argued, good sir. You have swayed me.

The sarcasm blew my brain.

theking 04-08-2012 01:10 AM

The only part of this episode where Mumm-Ra was badass was when they broke in and he used force lightning on them lol. Lion-O on the other hand is looking more like his OS counterpart so far, so as long as they keep developing him and not make him regress into what he was like in the past episodes, then I'm good with him not getting Cheetara. Have to wait another week again!!!

Singe 04-08-2012 01:34 AM

Is it to late to fire Mumm-ra and hire Megatron from Beast Wars?

Oh, yes pussycats.

Never really have good villains like that anymore.

KaleRylan 04-08-2012 04:23 AM

Okay, first a disclaimer, I like this episode a lot. The catch though is I was so frustrated after the last couple of episodes that this is basically the minimum they could have done to not truly make me start hating this show.

First, Panthro's trial: Most of this was dumb. Why would you just blindly charge the guy over and over again? I did like the final lesson, but it would have worked better if they had not repeatedly had the other cats get pissy whenever Lion-o tells them what to do. But maybe that's the actual lesson here; don't let it bother him when they get pissy, just tell them to shut up and do it anyway.

Tygra's trial: basically fine, although again they have him just charge repeatedly. That is dumb. That is dumber than you should show your hero behaving even BEFORE you're going to teach him the big lesson. And I hope we get some more (quality) exploration of the final statement that Lion-o is NOT over his inferiority complex.

Last Half: Better than the first half, but riddled with weird holes. How is the door the cats entered an 'air shaft?' And how did Panthro know it's secret key button? And Kit's music is far too random, it basically forces the writers to selectively forget it half the time because of how powerful it would be.

That said, I liked the fights, I REALLY enjoyed Kit's faith in Lion-o (bout time someone realized that he ALWAYS comes through in the end), and I hope that Tygra's chance to see things from the other side will give him some perspective on Lion-o's situation.

Still, this does not wash the stupidity of the last few episodes away. They need to maintain at least this quality level for a few episodes before all THAT begins to fade.

Big Snarf 04-08-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 44080)
He didn't run. He jumped on a giant bird and flew. I'd bet that made his traveling MUCH faster.

As for Mumm-Ra taking a whole episode to free the Eye from the Sword, don't forget that he didn't know how to break the spell when he had Jaga captured. He most likely was experimenting.

The bird took in back to the point he fell from he went on foot from there 3rd earth just be getting smaller :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: . The spell prevents him from touching it but maybe not from harnessing its power

Big Snarf 04-08-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo409uk (Post 44120)
He still seems more credible than the original Mumm-ra, with some of the ridiculousness, such as sending Ma-Mutt to bury the Sword of Omens and even ending up locked out of his own pyramid, by the ancient spirits of evil, at one point.

I'd have to disagree. The OS mumm-ra was better and after the ancient spirits of evil upgraded him so that seeing his reflection was no longer his weakness it was hard for them to beat him. This mumm-ra just can't beat lion-o it like 4-1 in lion's favor now. Looks like the ever living will be ever losing for a while unless the writers improve him

Big Snarf 04-08-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 44132)
I loved this episode (and there's a lot to love here).

Panthro's trial was great, Lion-O's pulled rank before but in a childish way. He needs to learn to do it when he knows he right, even if others don't.

I knew Tygra's trials would be about his self-doubt, I just never dreamed they'd actually have him fail (way to screw with my expectations, guys!).
Was there ever any doubt that Lion-O would sacrifice his own life for the other cats? He's been putting himself in danger for the sake of others since day one. He has the heart of a king because he is selfless.

Tygra's had to learn a hard lesson too. I really don't think he did any worse than Lion-O, but he didn't do any better either and that was the point. He probably could have figured a way out but he's so unaccustomed to failure his brain kind of shuts down. Lion-O is used to screwing up and thinking on the fly.

Wilykit's complete and total confidence in Lion-O is adorable. Even Cheetarah's faith has limits, but she never doubted him for an instant. Their hug was so cute!

And now, the kicking of Mumm-Ra's ass. Awesome! Lion-O finally has a full and decisive victory under his belt, just what he needs to give him a head start on his new path. It couldn't have hurt that Lion-O probably felt like he had nothing left to lose, which is was he wanted to chase after him while the other cats escape. Mumm-Ra will probably be sulking in his pyramid for awhile, When it comes right down to it he's a bully and a coward. If things don't go his way he just pouts in his coffin and waits until everyone else dies before trying again. It's why he will never win.

Hopefully now we can get some more focus on the other cats.

Tygra actually froze up and didn't know what to do. Kit played a very big role in this ep by leaving the trail and using her flute

Big Snarf 04-08-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 44149)

Bad writing :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Big Snarf 04-08-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 44165)

It went back to cybertron :D:D:D:D Oh noo!! the thundertank stole the book of omens :D:D:D:D:D

Big Snarf 04-08-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCDustyV (Post 44180)
betting Mumm Ra will get the last two stones, giving him a powered claw and sword of his own, thus making the odds more equal for the final battle.

first time in the series Tygra called Lion O "My King" without a hint of sarcasm.

I agree with several posts, the boys' rivalry will ease a bit now, but I still stand that the love triangle will probably continue, tho likely less tensely.

also loved them all practically pouncing Lion O at the end for answers to Jaga's vague "Ultimate Sacrifice".

Lion O now has a new lease on life, and the Cats have experience the loss of him. looking forward to seeing where it goes from here :)

I'd say unless mumm-ra has the war stone he's not beating anyone . He had all the rest except the war stone and still got beat. His best bet would be to go back to sleep for the next 80 years or so and wait for everyone to die

Big Snarf 04-08-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 44188)
I wonder if we are going to see more of Jaga now via the stone or if that was a one time deal.

If we continue to see him would make things interesting seeing how they can all see him as opposed to only lion-o being able to see him like in the OS. He has already addressed lion-o I wonder who would be next for a jaga lecture, could be cheetara :D:D:D:D

Big Snarf 04-08-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime (Post 44201)
Ugh. I'm really on the bubble about dropping this series; I'm not sure at this point if I'll bother to watch it next week.

Mumm-ra is a wuss. Flat out wuss. People seem to have a very selective memory of the '80's Mumm-Ra, who had a winning record in combat against Lion-O (27-12).

The lessons/trials were stupid and the one move I thought took balls to make; having Lion-O die again at sunrise ended up being a non-issue. No, I wasn't expecting Lion-O to die for realsies, but for something of a compromise to be made, like Pheonix from the X-men with all the cats giving a portion of their life to keep Lion-O (and thus getting their cat emblems on their red jewels). Something, anything, even the soul gem burning itself out for a while, or perhaps Lion-O bonds with the Sword of Omens to stay alive, anything other then a return for no reason to status quo.

Wily Kats flute was given so much power, you have to wonder why they even fight. Just have kat play a song and the enemy are stupified and beaten. The End.

I'm not even going to go into any of the other myriad of problems this series has, because why should I spend more effort then the writing team?

:D:D:D:D:D:D. duly noted

Big Snarf 04-08-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleRylan (Post 44232)
Okay, first a disclaimer, I like this episode a lot. The catch though is I was so frustrated after the last couple of episodes that this is basically the minimum they could have done to not truly make me start hating this show.

First, Panthro's trial: Most of this was dumb. Why would you just blindly charge the guy over and over again? I did like the final lesson, but it would have worked better if they had not repeatedly had the other cats get pissy whenever Lion-o tells them what to do. But maybe that's the actual lesson here; don't let it bother him when they get pissy, just tell them to shut up and do it anyway.

Tygra's trial: basically fine, although again they have him just charge repeatedly. That is dumb. That is dumber than you should show your hero behaving even BEFORE you're going to teach him the big lesson. And I hope we get some more (quality) exploration of the final statement that Lion-o is NOT over his inferiority complex.

Last Half: Better than the first half, but riddled with weird holes. How is the door the cats entered an 'air shaft?' And how did Panthro know it's secret key button? And Kit's music is far too random, it basically forces the writers to selectively forget it half the time because of how powerful it would be.

That said, I liked the fights, I REALLY enjoyed Kit's faith in Lion-o (bout time someone realized that he ALWAYS comes through in the end), and I hope that Tygra's chance to see things from the other side will give him some perspective on Lion-o's situation.

Still, this does not wash the stupidity of the last few episodes away. They need to maintain at least this quality level for a few episodes before all THAT begins to fade.

Panthro saw grune do it that how he knows about it. Yes I agree the pantro trail was a bit silly but the tygra one didn't surprise me. The object is to ring the bell not attack tygra lion-o need to learn he has to run his own race and not worry about what tygra is doing he lost the very moment he went after tygra.

L08e16o 04-08-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCDustyV (Post 44180)

Well, he top the flower.:D

Agreed.

I think T/L will even take another step in their relationship in the next episode. Now we will see it from Tygra's point of view.

L08e16o 04-08-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 44242)
Bad writing :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I thought she would be shock to see him there.:confused:

Lunchie 04-08-2012 08:20 AM

First Post-Lot on my mind so forgive me.

Hey, I've been following these episode posts and I really just want to throw my 2 cents out there.

First off, I like this show. I do, but.........man did episode 13 ruin it for me.

I did like this episode. It feels like the writer's are attempting to fix some of the problems. A trend I hope will continue in future episodes.

Long story short, (or as short as I can) I love Thundercats, looked forward to new show. I wasn't looking for any kind of romance at all. Did like interactions between Lion-O and Cheetara. Primarily because it was different than what normally shows up on US television, IE strong warrior woman protecting the main character who falls for HER. (not the other way around) Some of the filler episodes got tedious but tolerable. Then 13 happened and I entered into a state of "WTH!" that I thought I would never return.

The "twist" (by which I mean 180) of Cheetara really just rubbed me the wrong way. (Despite how the next sentences sound, please no one take it personally) You can not justify it! You CAN make assumptions, but based solely on what was shown in the show alone, the move was virtually a retroactive character assassination.

The following two episodes didn't help (and Tygra doesn't help at all. Period. I am sorry but I REALLY hate this new series Tygra)

This episode it starting to mend the wounds of the last two episodes, but to me, to get me back to equilibrium, I need a better scene of Cheetara and Lion-O fixing their relationship. Cheetara's explanation was WEAK SAUCE. Lion-O obviously didn't buy it and neither did I.

I did have an idea where, Cheetara later admits she lead Lion-O on (She did. Based on the sole fact that several of the characters thought so to) because she wanted to make Tygra jealous, so he'd notice her.

I admit it would make her look bad, but a confession like that would show she recognized such an action as hurtful and wants to make amends.

(I am also not saying that Cheetara was the only one in the wrong. Lion-O was willing to admit in the trail that he DID make assumptions to her intent. He also still believes that she was "toying: with him, and not in the nice way)

Anyway, I am looking forward to the future episodes. (Sorry for the long post, I did try to edit it as best I could because I had a lot on my mind from several eps ago. I am sorry if this got off track)

L08e16o 04-08-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 44243)
It went back to cybertron :D:D:D:D Oh noo!! the thundertank stole the book of omens :D:D:D:D:D

You mean it is a transformer now.:D

Maybe we will findo out about it 3 episodes from now or will they forget. :D

L08e16o 04-08-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 44251)
Panthro saw grune do it that how he knows about it. Yes I agree the pantro trail was a bit silly but the tygra one didn't surprise me. The object is to ring the bell not attack tygra lion-o need to learn he has to run his own race and not worry about what tygra is doing he lost the very moment he went after tygra.

Agreed 100%

Joe Moore 04-08-2012 11:30 AM

Thundercats Episode 16 Review

Thundercats Episode 16 Trials Of Lion-O Part 2 HD Screen Caps

220 HD screen caps this week! Enjoy folks.

Singe 04-08-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunchie (Post 44258)
Hey, I've been following these episode posts and I really just want to throw my 2 cents out there.

First off, I like this show. I do, but.........man did episode 13 ruin it for me.

I did like this episode. It feels like the writer's are attempting to fix some of the problems. A trend I hope will continue in future episodes.

Long story short, (or as short as I can) I love Thundercats, looked forward to new show. I wasn't looking for any kind of romance at all. Did like interactions between Lion-O and Cheetara. Primarily because it was different than what normally shows up on US television, IE strong warrior woman protecting the main character who falls for HER. (not the other way around) Some of the filler episodes got tedious but tolerable. Then 13 happened and I entered into a state of "WTH!" that I thought I would never return.

The "twist" (by which I mean 180) of Cheetara really just rubbed me the wrong way. (Despite how the next sentences sound, please no one take it personally) You can not justify it! You CAN make assumptions, but based solely on what was shown in the show alone, the move was virtually a retroactive character assassination.

The following two episodes didn't help (and Tygra doesn't help at all. Period. I am sorry but I REALLY hate this new series Tygra)

This episode it starting to mend the wounds of the last two episodes, but to me, to get me back to equilibrium, I need a better scene of Cheetara and Lion-O fixing their relationship. Cheetara's explanation was WEAK SAUCE. Lion-O obviously didn't buy it and neither did I.

I did have an idea where, Cheetara later admits she lead Lion-O on (She did. Based on the sole fact that several of the characters thought so to) because she wanted to make Tygra jealous, so he'd notice her.

I admit it would make her look bad, but a confession like that would show she recognized such an action as hurtful and wants to make amends.

(I am also not saying that Cheetara was the only one in the wrong. Lion-O was willing to admit in the trail that he DID make assumptions to her intent. He also still believes that she was "toying: with him, and not in the nice way)

Anyway, I am looking forward to the future episodes. (Sorry for the long post, I did try to edit it as best I could because I had a lot on my mind from several eps ago. I am sorry if this got off track)

Make Tygra jealous. That would be even worse than the current situation and is a complete 180 turn on her nice and caring nature. If Tygra was hitting on other women this would apply but in a group as the only female adult it would just be ridiculous and out of place.

The simplest solution would have been to have Lion-O step out and work to try to win her heart from Tygra. However, that would just flip the coin and put Tygra on the other end until another female adult Thundercat joined the team.

Cheetara was made the scapegoat by the writers and thrown under the Thundertank.

Chique 04-08-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singe (Post 44286)
Make Tygra jealous. That would be even worse than the current situation and is a complete 180 turn on her nice and caring nature. If Tygra was hitting on other women this would apply but in a group as the only female adult it would just be ridiculous and out of place.

The simplest solution would have been to have Lion-O step out and work to try to win her heart from Tygra. However, that would just flip the coin and put Tygra on the other end until another female adult Thundercat joined the team.

Cheetara was made the scapegoat by the writers and thrown under the Thundertank.

Have Lion-O try to persuade his brothers girlfriend to date him instead? That would make Lion-O look like a really shitty brother.

You make the female Thundercats sound like commodities. Lol, when was she not nice and caring? In what situation since this season premiered, has Cheetara been unreasonable with Lion-O?

OmenBill 04-08-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chique (Post 44297)
Have Lion-O try to persuade his brothers girlfriend to date him instead? That would make Lion-O look like a really shitty brother.

You make the female Thundercats sound like commodities. Lol, when was she not nice and caring? In what situation since this season premiered, has Cheetara been unreasonable with Lion-O?

Surrendering and undermining her kings decision against the generals in episode 14. Despite previously choosing to help him in this battle. Not to mention her earlier quote of keeping up the pressure against the enemy.

Kinda hypocritical of her there.

Not being able to protect Lion-O her king later on in episode 15, since he fell to his death. Despite her clerical duty as well as Jaga's wish in keeping an eye on him and keeping him safe.

Well done there.

Her complete lack of faith in somehow Lion-O being alive, since she thought he was soo different in those first episodes. Her playing mediator in keeping the team together is gone as well, as she continues to persuade Wily Kit there is no hope for him returning, despite her resolve in believing in him while they're in prison. Hope was definitely something they needed in there situation especially for the kid cats, even if it was hopeless.

I'm sorry but Cheetara's character is much like this series, she lacks consistency. I don't know where she stands anymore, or what she's going to do next. She says one thing, then acts differently in the same episode or visa versa.

As for this episode itself, if you guys watch that otaku assemble guy on youtube he reviews this series this episodes review pretty much matches my feelings on it. Minus the dramatic headache pauses.

Plus to add Mumm-ra has no problem knocking down the whole team minus 1 in his elderly and weak form first, but when Lion-O is thrown into the mix, even transformed he couldn't do the same thing? Or the Generals being such a threat in previous episodes only to be out done by Lion-O altogether. It seems like every fight now relies on plot convienience. There's no real advantage that I see from either side, unless the plot says the bad guys are gonna win this time.

Plus there really was no mourning time for the team after Lion-O's death. I mean Claudus, Jaga's and Emeric's deaths all seemed very significant to the characters, these were the deaths of the secondary characters. Now when one of the main cast does die (even if we did know he was going to come back) the team save for Wily Kit show very little if any emotion about it. Tygra references him to motivate the team, but really he's more emotional on how every mission worked for Lion-O and not him than the actual loss. Cheetara I already mentioned, I figured Panthro being the soldier he is already knows about loss so he wouldn't break down or anything, but at least acknowledge something about the death. I mean these guys are not only a team, but really a family. They're all they have right now, and if a member goes I'd think it have more of an impact.

I'm really trying to enjoy this series as much as I did in the first few episodes but it's getting harder to.

cmangund 04-08-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunchie (Post 44258)

Well said. No wonder Dan Norton said it himself Cheetara is the Anorexic Ho. http://www.digitalmonkeybox.com/wond...hundercats.htm
"Any other changes to the ThunderCats? Larry remarked about Cheetara's boob job and Dan said she was an anorexic ho."

It fits her nicely:eek::eek::eek:

Not looking forward for the series anymore though for me...