Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thundercats UK Magazine New Info (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=14644)

Joe Moore 03-20-2012 11:16 AM

Thundercats UK Magazine New Info

http://www.thundercats.ws/news/attac...1332260130.jpg
UK News - Thundercats Magazine Info

Balgus82 03-20-2012 11:45 AM

its cool that they included a free toy and all....but just putting the Eye of Thundera on a sword doesn't make it the Sword of Omens imo. Though they were probably limited on that for legal reasons. Bandai probably could've sued them or something.

DarkKnight 03-20-2012 11:52 AM

the artwork looks more slick and I would so buy it. anyone know when its out in the U.S.A.?

Ravenxl7 03-20-2012 12:05 PM

Anybody else wondering how much it would cost to buy a copy from someone in the UK and have it shipped to the US? If it wasn't for Lion-O's face, the artwork would definitely be worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 40008)
the artwork looks more slick and I would so buy it. anyone know when its out in the U.S.A.?

As far as we currently know, it isn't being released in the US, and with DC doing that digital comic, it makes the chances of this being brought over here pretty slim...

Joe Moore 03-20-2012 12:14 PM

I have updated the story with additional images and info. This is a UK only magazine, will not be published at all outside of the UK and will not be available in a digital format.

Ravenxl7 03-20-2012 01:09 PM

Knowing that it's a magazine, rather than just a comic...makes me a bit more interested in getting at least a copy of this first issue. The sword would be perfect for my nephew (looking at the small one Bandai made, seems a bit small for ten bucks). Also makes me wonder what other items they'll be packing with future issues of the mag.

Grippen 03-20-2012 03:40 PM

Just wondering if the actual comic inside won't be the digital comic coming out in US. I think we should wait but if they happen to be different and if someone can also help me out I would buy it from UK to Portugal it won't cost that much 3 or 4 pounds at most.

rodster6 03-20-2012 03:55 PM

The comic strip looks pretty good. That 'comedy' strip with the toys is pretty pathetic though lol.

irishtygra 03-21-2012 12:53 AM

Hi I live in Ireland

if anyone is interested in getting the comic let me know and will try pick some up will know after Thursday the price etc and can let you know then

Michael

Grippen 03-21-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishtygra (Post 40070)
Hi I live in Ireland

if anyone is interested in getting the comic let me know and will try pick some up will know after Thursday the price etc and can let you know then

Michael

Thanks :) hope we can get some info about the US comic if its the same as of the magazine I think I can let the magazine go since I really don't care about the other things.

But let us know I will decide then. I guess we have to grab it on that week or following week otherwise we will miss it I guess.

Grune the Destroyer 03-21-2012 03:50 AM

To confirm the digital comic and the UK exclusive comic ARE NOT THE SAME. Completely different things, so US fans will only be able to get this via people from the UK.

Can't wait for tomorrow and a trip out at lunch-time to pick this up from WH Smith...!

Grippen 03-21-2012 06:07 AM

If thats the case who wants to be a pal and help me out getting these for me every 4 weeks :D Irishtygra is your offer still up? PM me if you do.

PS: Are you sure you will you get this in Ireland also?

Balgus82 03-21-2012 09:12 AM

Yeah the artist for the UK comic is Cosmo White and the artist for the US digital one is Adam Archer so it's pretty obvious they're not the same.

rodster6 03-23-2012 03:29 PM

Had a look in WHSmiths but no sign, Tesco however did have it in stock. Not sure if Smiths had sold out?
Anyone else got a copy yet?
Seems pretty good, better than the Titan Transformers comic.

irishtygra 03-24-2012 02:49 AM

Hi it came out here yesterday

Its 4 euro 50 if anyone is interested in me picking it up

Grippen 04-02-2012 03:19 PM

Got the magazine today thanks to our dear user irishtygra (thanks for helping me out).

I think it is worth to get the comic itself was very good nice story, design and graphics. A bit short but hey this is for kids. The rest well not so useful specially the action figure comics and the games.

Bottom line is that is good and I will be getting the next issues as they come. Gift for #2 is a bow with arrows :D

Grune the Destroyer 04-03-2012 06:53 AM

Grippen, glad you got a copy; so I hadn't responded to your PM yet, but pleased to know you found it elsewhere!

I agree with your comments - it was good fun, and 13 pages of comic strip was more than I was expecting. I'm definitely in for ish #2!

Yardbird 04-06-2012 03:16 AM

I'm American, and I feel like owning that UK "ThunderCats" magazine only for that comic strip. x)