Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Nine mintue preview of new cartoon! (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=2054)

Icespark 07-03-2011 07:36 PM

Nine mintue preview of new cartoon!

Hi everyone!

A nine minute preview of the new Thundercats cartoon has been uploaded to youtube!

Here's a link!

YouTube - ‪ThunderCats2011 9 minutos de poder felino !!!‬‏

GK Punk 07-04-2011 01:47 AM

That looks simply amazing. Love the kittens voices, The fight scene with Tygra now makes sense... I'm even more excited now.

dolza_khyron 07-04-2011 02:15 AM

yea! i love how the kittens are thieves! so awesome. I love how they've brought racism into it too. I can't wait for the full thing, it looks amazing! I'll be watching every episode of this for sure!

crackus 07-04-2011 06:22 AM

awesome!!!!

Joe Moore 07-04-2011 06:03 PM

Looks fantastic. Thanks for the heads up.

Ravenxl7 07-04-2011 06:35 PM

Looks really good. I'm definitely looking forward to it, and the toys to some degree. While that video was nice, was I the only one a little disappointed that Panthro wasn't included in it at all?

GK Punk 07-04-2011 06:52 PM

Panthro will be introduced a little later apparently. Probably by the second episode, maybe third if I were to guess.

Joe Moore 07-04-2011 06:56 PM

Panthro is off exploring 3rd Earth in the first episode.

Ravenxl7 07-04-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GK Punk (Post 6635)
Panthro will be introduced a little later apparently. Probably by the second episode, maybe third if I were to guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Moore (Post 6636)
Panthro is off exploring 3rd Earth in the first episode.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I was wondering why we hadn't seen him in that video before this, lol. Should be interesting to see how he and the Wilytwins get involved with Lion-O, Tygra, and Cheetara.

GK Punk 07-04-2011 07:10 PM

I'm curious about that too. Ever since Wondercon when we learned that the twins are of a lower class of cat (hence the tails) and not royals like the rest of the characters.

Transformed 07-04-2011 07:34 PM

I like this quite a bit! When in July does this start?

GK Punk 07-04-2011 07:37 PM

the 29th

DESTRO 07-04-2011 08:59 PM

Good Stuff.....I can't wait to see the first full episode at SDCC 2011.

Tony_Bacala 07-04-2011 09:34 PM

Freakin. Awe-some. /Bruce Brazos

Everything there was movie level quality. Hopefully that stays on point past the first mini series.

RoftheHood 07-04-2011 09:53 PM

After watching that clip I think I'm pregnant...
Thank you.

RoftheHood 07-04-2011 09:56 PM

If I had to to guess (as well) I would say that Panthro, while off exploring Third Earth, live in the New Tower of Omens. When Lion-O, Tygra, and Cheetaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrraaaaaaa, escape Mumm-Ra's attack on the Kingdom they flee to the Tower and meet up with Panthro.... who then kicks everyones ass and the series is wrapped up about 4 minutes after he's introduced. THATS RIGHT PEOPLE, PANTHRO IS THE NEW CHUCK NORRIS!!!!

bad karma 07-05-2011 07:07 AM

Whoa ..... I didn't expect it to look this good. I'll be watching this for sure.

dragon 07-05-2011 07:47 AM

cant wait thought it suppose to be out in 2012 or is that toys?

when i ever i hear jaga voice reminds me of grumbldorf from lord of rings

Transformed 07-05-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GK Punk (Post 6642)
the 29th

Thanks for that. I hope some kind sir/ma'am will get this online for those of us living in zones that will not get it anytime soon m(_ _)m:D

Ravenxl7 07-05-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragon (Post 6665)
cant wait thought it suppose to be out in 2012 or is that toys?

The toys are slated for an August release. Don't think we've heard anything about 2012 stuff just yet.

ThunderCat Tygra 2011 07-05-2011 03:15 PM

Until the day of the premiere I'm waiting for each new Thundercats trailer, and this 9 mins trailer is beyond amazing!
I love the cast, the animation, the places, the story, the characters, everything! I´m so excited to see this Thundercats :D
The Wilytwins are so cute, I love the fact that they´re orphan thieves looking for something bigger^^ And thir voices are perfect, I wanna know who they are.
Cheetara is.......so amazing!!! I love her voice and she is so hot. I think I got a crush on her!
And the Tygra/Lion-O rivalry is awesome. Also the fact that the young prince cares about racism is upstanding.
Go for that way Lion-O and you´ll be a great King ;)
Thundercats are loose!!!

dolza_khyron 07-07-2011 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GK Punk (Post 6639)
I'm curious about that too. Ever since Wondercon when we learned that the twins are of a lower class of cat (hence the tails) and not royals like the rest of the characters.

so amputated tails = royal family? interesting choice. one would think that it'd be the other away around, only nobles would be allowed to have tails, but what ever. LOL!

still love the twins the most out of this series. LionO is pretty cool, and i can't believe i am saying this, SNARF is cool too! i love how they've done the entire series. it's purely wonderful they made snarf be so lifelike. they made everything look so plausible. for the first time ever, thundercats looks like something that could actually BE in the real world, rather then just a cartoon with a bunch of plot holes, bad acting, and forced, very forced dialog.

I'm going to enjoy this series for sure. i've enjoyed the random bits from the nine minutes, Still curious to see who the voices for the twins are, Kat sounds a lot like Ang from avatar? and kit sounds like some one i've heard before too, can't quite put the voice to a name yet though...

Balgus82 07-07-2011 09:31 AM

It's not just royals who don't have tails. They just said it depends on what kinda cat they are or something. I mean you can watch that 9 minutes and see some of the people in the slums don't have tails either.

Joe Moore 07-11-2011 12:38 PM

Updated with a new working embedded video.

http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thund...e-preview-156/

Gale 07-11-2011 10:59 PM

That was a very cool preview, can't wait for the 29th!

GK Punk 07-11-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 6814)
It's not just royals who don't have tails. They just said it depends on what kinda cat they are or something. I mean you can watch that 9 minutes and see some of the people in the slums don't have tails either.

Yeah that's what I was trying to say but couldn't seem to get the words out. He also said at Wondercon that some cats with tails maybe looked down upon as a lesser breed. (Or something to that effect)

WhiteTygra 07-12-2011 02:58 PM

WOW

I grew up watching the original this was a complete religous must for me. I've known about this going for about a year and I'm stoked. The animation is great looks like its almost a future continuation of its original... I don't know if anyone noticed but I do believe that Lion-O's "Father" is either the same or a guy that is really good to the original Lion-O's voice actor. I'm really looking forward to see how the story develops and I will be watching it with my ventage Snarf stuffed animal YAYYYYYY!

Ravenxl7 07-12-2011 03:31 PM

That's most definitely Larry Kenney voicing Claudus, and I agree that, in certain ways, this show is sort of a future continuation of the original.

prime292 07-17-2011 01:17 PM

Some of the best TV show animation I have ever seen...amazing cant wait.