Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Ep 18 Survival of the Fittest Discussion Thread (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=17375)

SirSapphire 04-25-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 47410)
Tygra has shown more maturity than Lion-O. He can be a jerk to him sometimes, but nonetheless he's the responsible brother.

I'm hopeful for Pumyra, but that doesn't automatically mean I want her with Lion-O yet.

And she absolutely does not look like a little girl. She looks like a teenager. And half the group, including Lion-O, are teenagers.

Lion-O is getting there though, he was pretty great in "Native Son" (I know it's a Tygra episode, but he was funny and clever and actually used all of his abilities to solve the mystery, not to mention his line at the end) and it sounds like he keeps following the pattern of self-sacrifice established since the Trials.

Balgus82 04-25-2012 05:19 PM

And so what if she IS a 15 year old girl? Lion-O is only 17.

You would rather a 15 year old end up with a 20 year old Tygra?

Honestly

Balgus82 04-25-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 47414)
Lion-O is getting there though, he was pretty great in "Native Son" (I know it's a Tygra episode, but he was funny and clever and actually used all of his abilities to solve the mystery, not to mention his line at the end) and it sounds like he keeps following the pattern of self-sacrifice established since the Trials.

Yeah I agree he's getting more mature. I'm saying in the earlier episodes he wasn't.

L08e16o 04-25-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 47418)
And so what if she IS a 15 year old girl? Lion-O is only 17.

You would rather a 15 year old end up with a 20 year old Tygra?

Honestly

Think about it, have I seen pumyra's art work. Not after I seen this one, I wouldn't want her with tygra. I thought she would be around their ages.

A 17 year old with a 15 is bad. Lion-o will be 18 and she will be 16. I know my mother would kick my a$$ if I was with somone that young.

Balgus82 04-25-2012 05:28 PM

We don't actually know her age yet. We're only speculating on it. And In the actual clips and stills from the show she looks like she's Cheetara's age. I'm just saying her being a teenager is something that really should be expected. especially for a potential love interest for Lion-O, who is a teenager.

and 2 years apart is really not that much. and the older you get the less it matters. heck my parents are 7 years apart. Also if I'm not mistaken isn't Cheetara 2 years older than Lion-O? How would a 19 year old dating a 17 year old be any worse than a 17 year old dating a 15 year old?

L08e16o 04-25-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 47424)
We don't actually know her age yet. We're only speculating on it. I'm just saying her being a teenager is something that really should be expected. especially for a potential love interest for Lion-O, who is a teenager.

and 2 years apart is really not that much. and the older you get the less it matters. heck my parents are 7 years apart.

To me she looks like a little girl and I think the OS pumyra is way better.

I like all the other rebooted characters except hers.

Was it confirmed she was 19 or 18? Lion-o has to be close to being 18. A right of passage at the age 17????

Balgus82 04-25-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 47426)

Was it confirmed she was 19 or 18? Lion-o has to be close to being 18. A right of passage at the age 17????

Ages:
Thundercats Crew Blog, Thanks for the follow! I

And Lion-O's age had nothing to do with his trials. It wasn't on his birthday like in the OS. It only happened when he died.

L08e16o 04-25-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 47430)
Thundercats Crew Blog, Thanks for the follow! I

Lion-O's age had nothing to do with his trials. It wasn't on his birthday like in the OS. It only happened when he died.

Thanks.

I am talking about episode 1.

Balgus82 04-25-2012 05:56 PM

many cultures have coming of age ceremonies well before 18. Look at when Jewish people have their bar mitzvas.

L08e16o 04-25-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 47433)
many cultures have coming of age ceremonies well before 18. Look at when Jewish people have their bar mitzvas.

I thought they would be going universal on this, unless they think 17 is an adult.

SPINMASTER X 04-25-2012 08:10 PM

My goodness I was let down by this episode. True it's good to have some backstory but dayum was I let down. Oh well, NEXT.

hollowdheart 04-25-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 47433)

Umm.....it'd be Bar/Bat Mitzvah's. Though what you're comparing isn't exactly the same. Lion-o needing to use SBS is different than reading scriptures from the Torah each day for a week. Also, Bat/Bar Mitzvah is usually a "you are an adult now and responsible for your actions" type of thing, while Lion-o's was just to see if he could even use SBS.

SirSapphire 04-25-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 47460)
Umm.....it'd be Bar/Bat Mitzvah's. Though what you're comparing isn't exactly the same. Lion-o needing to use SBS is different than reading scriptures from the Torah each day for a week. Also, Bat/Bar Mitzvah is usually a "you are an adult now and responsible for your actions" type of thing, while Lion-o's was just to see if he could even use SBS.

He was never supposed to see a vision in the sword during that ceremony. It looks like it's just the first time he even gets to hold the Sword of Omens and when he holds it in a fairly standard salute it grants him a vision spontaneously. "Sight Beyond Sight" is a prophecy, no one really expected Lion-O to fulfill it (although it seems Jaga thought it was possible). There's no evidence that Claudus could use it and other characters treat it like it's a skill unique to him rather than something anyone with the sword could do.

hollowdheart 04-25-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 47463)
He was never supposed to see a vision in the sword during that ceremony. It looks like it's just the first time he even gets to hold the Sword of Omens and when he holds it in a fairly standard salute it grants him a vision spontaneously. "Sight Beyond Sight" is a prophecy, no one really expected Lion-O to fulfill it (although it seems Jaga thought it was possible). There's no evidence that Claudus could use it and other characters treat it like it's a skill unique to him rather than something anyone with the sword could do.

Oh, my bad. I thought Lion-o was supposed to. I thought i heard Jaga say something about it in the pilot.

SirSapphire 04-25-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 47465)
Oh, my bad. I thought Lion-o was supposed to. I thought i heard Jaga say something about it in the pilot.

He tells Lion-O that their greatest king will have the gift of "Sight Beyond Sight" but speaks of it as a prophecy rather than something you automatically get because you carry the sword. If other characters tried to use it I don't think it would work.

Big Snarf 04-25-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 47465)

Isn't lion-o the chosen one. The sword has the ability of sight beyond sight but it can only work with a mind capable of unlocking it, so if I ha to guess its 1/2 the sword and 1/2 its wielder. Jaga did say sight beyond sight is more than just visions :confused::confused: maybe he's getting a bit senile :D

SirSapphire 04-25-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 47469)
Isn't lion-o the chosen one. The sword has the ability of sight beyond sight but it can only work with a mind capable of unlocking it, so if I ha to guess its 1/2 the sword and 1/2 its wielder. Jaga did say sight beyond sight is more than just visions :confused::confused: maybe he's getting a bit senile :D

Given some of the instructions he supposedly gave Cheetara I'd believe it.

hollowdheart 04-25-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 47472)
Given some of the instructions he supposedly gave Cheetara I'd believe it.

What instructions? To "mentor/watch over him"?

Lody 04-29-2012 12:54 PM

Crappy episode

Not even filler material

Balgus82 04-29-2012 07:35 PM

the crew put a pretty big spoiler up on the Tumblr blog that pertains to this episode.

**SPOILER**

Kit and Kat's family is still alive.
Thundercats Crew Blog, Hi, uh this is pretty much the first time I

vantheman77 04-29-2012 10:15 PM

It's good to see that the Twin's family is still alive. Maybe Lion-O can bring them to Thundera.

hollowdheart 04-29-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 48150)
the crew put a pretty big spoiler up on the Tumblr blog that pertains to this episode.

**SPOILER**

Kit and Kat's family is still alive.
Thundercats Crew Blog, Hi, uh this is pretty much the first time I

That's great. They need to be reunited....and punished for running off and worrying the poor mommy and siblings.