Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats General Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New ThunderCats Guide Book available NOW! (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=2431)

DaveCrichton 07-31-2011 02:41 AM

New ThunderCats Guide Book available NOW!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...pL._SS500_.jpg

Hear the Roar! The Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to the Hit 1980s series ThunderCats is now available. Click below to pick up your copy today:

Amazon.co.uk
Bigbadtoystore.com
Telos.co.uk

This really is the definitive guide to ThunderCats and there's not a single question you'll have about the show that you won't find answered. Buy now to hear the story behind the show for the very first time!

The book has been a labour of love, and took two years to produce. Please support this book now by placing an order as small publishers always print to limited quantities in the first print run and I don't want anyone from here to be disappointed!

--------------
Hear the Roar! The Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to the Hit 1980s Series ThunderCats
by David Crichton

Originally broadcast in 1985, ThunderCats has become one of the most enduring animated series of its era. For the first time in print, Hear the Roar! documents every aspect of the production of this iconic show — told by the people who made it.

Featuring over 80 exclusive interviews with cast and crew members, this definitive reference guide charts ThunderCats' creation and development, drawing on a wealth of never-before-seen production paperwork and leaving no stone unturned.

Dedicated chapters highlight the writing, animating, scoring and recording of ThunderCats, while a comprehensive story guide reviews all 130 episodes, including notes from the scriptwriters themselves! The legendary ThunderCats toy line from LJN Toys is documented too, and even the associated series SilverHawks is explored.

This essential guide to ThunderCats demonstrates why the show continues to thrive, while many of its contemporaries have faded into obscurity...
----------

Joe Moore 07-31-2011 11:01 AM

Welcome aboard and best of luck with the new book.

Grune the Destroyer 08-02-2011 08:54 AM

This looks good. I love these kind of guide books.

king kahn 08-04-2011 09:56 PM

received my book today....WOW.. I have only had a chance to skim it but WOW...lots of good stuff in there.

Postive:
Everything. SOOOO much info is packed into this thing. I forgot the actual page count but this is like a huge thick NOVEL dedicated to Thundercats!

It is A LOT longer of a book than I thought it would be and very in depth.

If I HAD to think of a negative:
One minor gripe is the actual SIZE(physical size not page count) of the book. It seems a bit small and a bit difficult to read. The binding already had a bit of a crease. I think of the book pages were made a bit larger it would have cut down on the thickness and therefor easier to read. It is a minor nitpick and the only one I can think of so far so that is a HUGE plus.

nitewing73 08-08-2011 10:22 AM

Darn it's out of stock at the moment on Amazon.

DaveCrichton 08-11-2011 08:08 AM

HEAR THE ROAR! Available *NOW* on Amazon

Hi everyone – GREAT NEWS! Hear the Roar! The Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to the Hit 1980s series ThunderCats is now back in stock at Amazon UK. The book sold out twice in less than a week last time, so buy now to avoid disappointment!

Remember, US and Worldwide customers can import the book for only a few dollars! I'm also getting reports that people are getting their copies in the US in under a week! So, there's no excuse for not picking up your copy :-) It's 500 pages of never-before-seen information about our favourite show. As told by the people who made it!

BUY NOW FROM AMAZON.CO.UK –*CLICK HERE!

Even better, the book is back in stock at Bookdepository.co.uk. They offer free delivery worldwide, so US customers can get it for the crazy price of under $25 all in.

BUY NOW FROM BOOKDEPOSITORY

Joe Moore 08-11-2011 08:12 AM

Merged the threads so people can get all the book info in one spot.

LordLionO 08-11-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king kahn (Post 8906)
If I HAD to think of a negative:
One minor gripe is the actual SIZE(physical size not page count) of the book. It seems a bit small and a bit difficult to read. The binding already had a bit of a crease. I think of the book pages were made a bit larger it would have cut down on the thickness and therefor easier to read. It is a minor nitpick and the only one I can think of so far so that is a HUGE plus.

That sucks, I hate books like that, I'll pick this up eventually, but I'll wait because those type of books tend to give me a literal headache....

.....hahaha.... a "literal headache" that was so unintentional!

DaveCrichton 08-11-2011 01:18 PM

Hi everyone, I've got to say that I think the type size is spot on (though I am, of course, biased as author of the book). There are plenty of much smaller print books on the market.

If your copy was creased, I would, of course, recommend you return it to the retailer for a replacement as, of the copies I got from the publisher, none had any damage!

It's always a balance and this is a huge book. If it was any bigger it would have been very expensive to ship, and everyone then has to pay extra! It's a massive quarter of a million words, so it could have broken a toe if it was any larger!

I hope you're enjoying it nonetheless :-)

Thanks
Dave Crichton

Eduardo 08-11-2011 03:07 PM

It is back in stock in Amazon UK, they just notified me about fulfilling my order.

DaveCrichton 09-12-2011 01:30 PM

Hi everyone, in response to a few calls for more information about my book, ThunderCatsLair.org have kindly updated their homepage to feature photos and chapter information which will hopefully convince those last few of you who haven't yet purchased a copy, to buy Hear the Roar! Enjoy:

“Hear The Roar!” – A Hit With Fans!

Many thanks
Dave

Slithe 09-13-2011 01:21 AM

Thanks David! From the sound of things, it's spot on. Don't quite understand why there are links to U.K. based sellers, as they sell it here in the U.S. as well. At any rate, best of luck with it!