Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A bunch of new International products are being released... (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=22167)

netkid 06-23-2012 07:06 PM

A bunch of new International products are being released...

Though the fate of Thundercats in the United States seems quite uncertain, it's gearing up in other parts of the world. Who knows, maybe if it's a hit somewhere else, they'll get a second season? We can only hope so.

Lion-O figure:Brinquedos Bandeirantes - Triciclos

Tygra figure:Brinquedos Bandeirantes - Triciclos

Cheetara figure:Brinquedos Bandeirantes - Triciclos

Panthro figure:Brinquedos Bandeirantes - Triciclos

Mumm-Ra figure:Brinquedos Bandeirantes - Triciclos

Bicycle:Brinquedos Bandeirantes - Triciclos

Scooter:Brinquedos Bandeirantes - Triciclos

Tricycle:Brinquedos Bandeirantes - Triciclos

Backpack:Mochila G Thundercats - DMW DMW - Americanas.com.br

All from here: http://www.thundercatslair.org/forum...ead.php?t=8491

Balgus82 06-23-2012 09:43 PM

That mumm-ra looks rather nice. they don't have much in the way of articulation though. I wonder if these are official merchandise.

netkid 06-23-2012 09:56 PM

They are official.

CreepySariFan 06-23-2012 10:06 PM

I really wish there were some better close up photos of these.

Ravenxl7 06-23-2012 10:09 PM

They're simplistic and a little odd...but I actually like them. They almost look like they tried to make toys similar to the old LJN figures, but based on the new show's look. I have the bad feeling it'll never happen, but I'd love to see these released here in the states.

Cat's Pajamas 06-23-2012 10:15 PM

They look like official knock-offs. The colors are a little screwy and Mumm-Ra's headpiece is kinda wiggy... I'd probably pick up a few of them at retail though.

adssse 06-23-2012 10:22 PM

I must say I do like these figures in an odd sort of way. I wouldnt pay through the nose for one, but would pick one up at a reasonable price.

Ruination04 06-23-2012 11:55 PM

I want that tricycle!! LOL

Balgus82 06-24-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas (Post 56771)
They look like official knock-offs. The colors are a little screwy and Mumm-Ra's headpiece is kinda wiggy... I'd probably pick up a few of them at retail though.

Knockoffs don't use entirely new sculpts though. They take previously released figures, make molds off them, and sell the figures off those molds.

Cat's Pajamas 06-24-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 56784)
Knockoffs don't use entirely new sculpts though. They take previously released figures, make molds off them, and sell the figures off those molds.

Hard to say, it's probably legit, but they look like knockoffs. I've seen all new sculpt knockoffs like this fella here:
200X MOTU SD SUPER DEFORMED HE-MAN MEXICAN SIZE 5" 100% COMPLETE RARE !! BOOTLEG | eBay

Interesting figures either way.

nitewing73 06-25-2012 02:56 PM

I kind of like them. I don't think I'll pick any up but they are pretty neat.

Mongor 06-25-2012 03:20 PM

I wants.

JASONKAT 06-25-2012 04:38 PM

they look like old school thundercats, like the toys were back in the 80s whith very lil moving parts, and not so (perfect) looking colors, any diehard fan would collect these, other wise, these are easily to pass up and just get today's versions which look better & have guns and stuff.

Nekomen 06-25-2012 05:40 PM

This does prove the popularity of the new at least.
Between these and the bedsheets, the merchandising is moving farther along pretty fast for what fans assume is a dead show walking.

Makes me think the fan over-reactions are just that. The more merchandise material that keeps coming out, the more safe it seems we really are. Not that there was any doubt after one of the voice actors said they were still recording dialogue for the show anyway.

JASONKAT 06-25-2012 11:47 PM

that bagpack, looks sweet!, i want me 1. :)

Mongor 06-26-2012 01:35 AM

The more i look at these the more I want them. How do we get them here, besides Ebay?

Joe Moore 06-26-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekomen (Post 57052)
This does prove the popularity of the new at least.
Between these and the bedsheets, the merchandising is moving farther along pretty fast for what fans assume is a dead show walking.

Makes me think the fan over-reactions are just that. The more merchandise material that keeps coming out, the more safe it seems we really are. Not that there was any doubt after one of the voice actors said they were still recording dialogue for the show anyway.

Well, not really.

If the show is getting ready to air in Brazil, then it makes sense that we would be seeing merchandise from there for the first time. This is a Brazilian only toy company, from the looks of it, releasing stuff for their market. It has no bearing on the state of the show outside of that country.

Joe Moore 06-26-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongor (Post 57087)
The more i look at these the more I want them. How do we get them here, besides Ebay?

Unless somewhere like Entertainment Earth or BBTS is importing them, then Ebay is pretty much going to be it.

LiarDice Films 06-26-2012 09:17 AM

Hey guys, if anyone is able to get a MIB a Bandeirantes Lion or Mumm ra then please messsage me, as im an avid collector of foreign figures. And my Portuguese isnt the best!
PM please and would be much apreciated :-)

Covenant 06-26-2012 09:25 AM

Backpack! Backpack!

thetoylegend 06-26-2012 03:13 PM

hi who here can get these id like to get 1 of each figure from this brazilian release please msg me

LiarDice Films 06-27-2012 02:59 AM

I just ordered a 'Lion' (Lion O) figure direct from Brazil. And lets just say they arent cheap! 60usd a figure, although HUGE

BB Shockwave 07-06-2012 05:29 AM

Hmm, these look actually quite good. Just with they were smaller.

moreprimeland 07-09-2012 12:24 AM

Checked out the Tygra, he looks pretty good...if these were available around here, I'd get one of him for certain..Panthro, Lion-O too.

MegatronWolf 07-10-2012 03:19 AM

reminds me of some of the toys i had when i was a kid, to bad these wont be seeing release stateside id like to pick up those figures. Guess could always use ebay but im sure the prices will be way to expensive to justify it.

LiarDice Films 07-11-2012 04:49 PM

Just got the Bonecos Lion O from Brazil and that guy is HUGE. Holding the box and looking at him makes me feel like im 6 again holding a standard TC's LJN Lion O in my hands. They arent cheap even direct from the country but definitely a unique piece and, who knows, one that could stand alongside the Glasslite boxed TC's of the 80's

fabriciorbr 08-07-2012 08:34 AM

I will be honesty, the quality isnt that good.
In fact is really bad in my personal opinion.

If anyone wants anything, please let me know and I can buy it here and ship it to any place in the world.

Rgds

southpawdragon 08-24-2012 10:09 PM

the back pack is cool atleast