Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Is Tygus good or bad? (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=17254)

NateHups 04-19-2012 12:08 PM

Is Tygus good or bad?

In the show he was on mumm ra’s side and on the native sons episodes they talk about how the tigers stuck with mumm ra. the toy on the other hand comes in tcats symbol packaging and has a cat symbol on his chest. So what do you think is Tygus good or bad?

Covenant 04-19-2012 12:47 PM

Tygus worked for Mumm-Ra therefore he was bad. The Tigers never revolted against Mumm-Ra's rule. Whoever designed the toy had no idea who's side Tygus was on and figured since he was a cat he should wear the Thundercats logo. Remember Grune also came with a TCats logo at first until they corrected the error.

Ravenxl7 04-19-2012 02:13 PM

I don't really think he can really be classified as good or bad. We actually don't know much at all about him. We do know that the Tigers stayed loyal to Mumm-Ra after the revolt. Maybe they didn't believe that he could be defeated so easily, and didn't think he would be trapped for long in his tomb. They did work for Mumm-Ra, as did all the other cats, but they could have felt powerless against him, and chose to work for him rather than be slaves. There's really a lot about that whole situation we don't know about for sure.

If I had to say one or the other, I would say good, but mislead and fearful of Mumm-Ra's wrath. As powerful as old Mummsy was, I can imagine the Tigers thought he could be back in-action at any time, and can't really blame them for not wanting to act against him. We also don't exactly know Tygus's role in all of this. For all we know, he might have even been mislead by his fellow Tigers.

Big Snarf 04-19-2012 06:55 PM

If I had to guess I'd say he was bad as they not only served mumm-ra but also the ancient spirit of evil

Balgus82 04-19-2012 08:27 PM

Agree with Big Snarf. Misguided or not the fact is they stayed loyal to Mumm-Ra and the ASOE when they didn't have to.

hollowdheart 04-19-2012 09:26 PM

Unfortunately, Bad. I'm disappointed at that. I feel kind of like they only did that to give Tygra a growth episode. When they could have maybe done a different approach with it, and still kept the ending about the same.

Kregermeister 04-20-2012 01:10 AM

He's a tweener. Neither bad nor good. He remained that way until joining the foot clan years later. Then he was a total bad ass.

L08e16o 04-20-2012 07:44 AM

I think all the thundercats were bad until Leo and Panthera changed that.

I think the tigers pride got in their way of changing sides. They remained loyal to mummra and ASoE, they were bad.

adssse 09-12-2014 08:51 PM

Tygus was one of my favorite characters in the 2011 series. I would have really liked to see if the writers had anything more planned for him had the show had an opportunity to run its course.