Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #759
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Many remember the original "death of the line" back in 1994. What many don't know (or may not remember) is that there were plans to carry the G.I.Joe brand in to 1995. The Line Up was to include various sub lines, including Battle Rangers, Ninja Commandos and more Star Brigade Manimals.

HissTank.com forum member Roshan has written up a review of a rare figure from this time line for our sister site, ToyArk. The figure in question? Well, none other than the Manimal known as Vortex.

Here's a piece of what Roshan had to say:

In 1994, Hasbro ended the 1982-1994 run of the GI Joe line, but not without leaving a lot of unproduced items on the drawing board for 1995. Some were so close to stores they were fully produced with packaging for dealer samples, and were listed as 'coming soon' on the back of produced Star Brigade card backs. These figures were the Manimals, and alongwith the canceled Ninja Commandos are the most sought after unproduced figures in the GI Joe collecting community.

Join us after the jump for the full review, detailed pictures and discussion already in progress.
Original Source: G.I.Joe Star Brigade Manimals Vortex Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote