Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #836
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The Modern Techno Viper was at the top of many fans' wishlists during the past few years. It is one of the most highly anticipated figures of GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3, and possibly the most highly anticipated troop builder of the year.

If you like variety in your collection, well here's something else to spice things up. Recently HISS Tank boards member Cdt Weasel received a Techno Viper Variant. What makes this a variant? The different traffic cones, one molded in black but painted green, and the other molded in green. There is also a sculpt difference. Here's what Cdt Weasel had to say:

As I was connecting the 2 cones I noticed they had a different texture and sharpness to the paint apps. One appears to be black plastic painted neon green.. The top of the cone has a round hole (where you can see the black plastic the cone is made out of). The second cone is molded from a neon green plastic and the cobra logo and silver stripe have slightly fuzzier edges due to the rougher texture of the unpainted cone. The top has a hexagonal peg hole. Looking at them now, the black plastic cone may be hexagonal on top, but the paint apps have rounded out the corners more and make it look round. I had thrown away the card to the first figure already but the date code on the second is 12721.

See for yourself after the jump!
Original Source: Techno Viper Variant - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote