Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #844
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Be it through Hasbro or the G.I.Joe Collectors Club, fans of the franchise have been given a taste of what many refer to as the ARGEN 7. This eclectic group of figures, by a company named Plastirama, are repaints of G.I.Joe 3 3/4 figures released in the early 80's. These figures were released in Argentina.

However, for our friends in Venezuela, G.I.Joe pickings were slim. Figures were either imported or sent over by family/friends who lived overseas and had access to our favorite modern action figure. In 1990, a company by the name of Rubiplas set out to change that and obtained a license from Hasbro to produce their own figure assortment. Rubiplas opted to use molds of figures released from 82 - 85 rather than license molds of figures produced during that year, or even around that time frame. The exact reason behind this is not completely known.

The figures produced by Rubiplas are extremely rare. To find one in good condition would be considered a gem in anyone's collection. It's because of this fact that many jaws dropped when HissTank.com forum member FigurasDeAccion posted word that he's selling not one, not two...SIX Venezuelan G.I.Joe figures. Included in the assortment are:
  • White Cobra Mortal (Includes letter of authenticity)
  • Manleh
  • Invasor
  • Topson
  • Redmack
  • Shimik
  • Original Rubiplas Catalog

If you love o-ring figures and chase after rare/hard to find International pieces, well...you've just stumbled on to something that we may not see again for a very long time to come.

We here at the Tank normally wouldn't Front Page someone's private sale, but this piece of G.I.Joe history cannot go unnoticed.

Click Discuss below to check out more pictures, read full descriptions and throw your hat in the running.
Original Source: Rare Rubiplas Venezuelan G.I.Joe Figure Set Of 6 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote