Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #672
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: NIBMRatchet @ TFW2005.com

Quote:
I’m sure almost all of you supported (and continue supporting) for the Petition to continue the Original Transformers Comic Book Series with Transformers Issue #81.

Newsarama published an article thanking the fans who are hard at work trying to bring back the series.

“The closest thing to a public acknowledgement on the petition thus far from IDW was publisher and editor-in-chief Chris Ryall tweeting last week, “If you can get the petition to 10,000 signatures/pre-orders, I'll give you an exclusive cover for issue 81 ...” in response to a Twitter account associated with the fan movement. Sale figure-indexing site The Comics Chronicles reports that in January 2011, IDW’s Transformers #15 sold an estimated 10,159 copies.”

“I think there’s lots of great stuff in G2, and I certainly don’t want to disregard it completely (I think there’s material there that could easily fold into whatever we might do with a G1 continuation), but given a straight choice, I’d opt for G1 #81 over G2 #13, just because that original run had a defining, epochal quality to it that just inspires me to see if it can be pushed to another level,” [Simon] Furman wrote.

Read the full article at Newsarama.
Original Source: Transformers #81 - The Battle Continues - Transformer World 2005
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote