Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #267
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Latino Review recently conducted an interview(at WizardWorld Anaheim) with actor Ray Park, who returns as Snake Eyes in GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes:

Talk about how excited you’re returning to “G.I. Joe 2.”
Ray Park: I’m really thrilled. I’m really excited. For me, it was living my childhood to be a ninja and a commando. I grew up watching the cartoon and looking at the comics.

I was more of a cartoon guy growing up. For me it’s all about being a ninja, play with the swords and play with my martial arts as Snake Eyes. I’m thrilled. I’m really looking forward to stepping up my training and getting in touch with Snake Eyes again. We’re going to be start shooting soon. I just can’t wait. I’m really excited.

What do you expect of your character the second time around—more or just about the same?

Ray Park: The expectations come down to what I give of what I want to do. I can’t leak out anything about the script. I’m just going to give out a 1,000 percent like I did for the first one. I’ll do the best I can and be true to Snake Eyes and on who he is. I sort of feel that I breathe and know a lot about him to [the point] that he is part of me now.

Have you done a little bit of costuming already?

Ray Park: It’s really early stages right now.

How did you get the part in the first place?

Ray Park: I’m signed up to do three movies, which I am happy about. When I heard when they were going to film my “G.I. Joe” movie and Snake Eyes was involved—I made as many phone calls to people I knew that might be able to help me. Just to get my name in through the doors to come in and audition. All I wanted to do is audition. I want to say, “Hey, look. Just have a look at me. I want to do this.” So I really wanted to play the part.

And a lot of my friends say, “Why would you want to play a part that you are covered up and you don’t speak since you are trying to get away from that?” But, I don’t care. It’s all about Snake Eyes.

So you’re a big fan of Snake Eyes?

Yeah, I love Snake Eyes. When I was growing up, I love Storm Shadow a lot as well. He was the bad guy ninja in white. I don’t care about not speaking and not seeing my face. I just wanted to play that part. I wanted to be Snake Eyes.

Are you looking forward to battle Storm Shadow again, right?

Ray Park: I can’t tell you anything. [Laughter] Just say I’m looking forward to being back and being Snakey.

Since the costume is in very early stages of design now, it's safe to say that if you want to see Snake Eyes' costume sans faux lips/muscles, the time to voice your concerns is now!
Original Source: Ray Park Talks Snake Eyes For GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote