Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #1228
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The Rock isn't alone in thinking that GI Joe Retaliation will be better than the Rise Of Cobra, as fellow co-star Lee Byung Hun has gone on to say:

“I absolutely think that (the sequel) will be more fun than the first one,”

Lee was at a press event for Retaliation in Seoul, Korea, earlier where he went on to describe his role as Storm Shadow. We have not heard much from Lee himself prior to this event. Interestingly enough, he compared Stephen Sommers with Jon M Chu:

“If Mr. Summers concentrated on showing many different characters and state-of-the-art CGI-enhanced scenes together, Mr. Chu was focused on the people. He wanted to show their personal histories,” he said. “He thought of the drama on top of flashy visual effects.”

Here's some more insight as to how Storm Shadow is portrayed in Retaliation, and Lee's challenges:

“If I had just a lot of sword fights and kicks in the first movie, this time my character (Storm Shadow) is seen more up close. It has a dramatic aspect that shows his history, inner conflicts. I loved how much of my acting I could show this time around... but I still think I could have been much more competent in a Korean film.

“Frankly speaking, it’s hard. Casual speech and delivering lines in English belong to two different dimensions. Because you use a foreign language, you’ve got to be sure you could recite lines without a mistake even if someone woke you up from a nap.

“On the set, someone from the crew told me after I read my line that my pronunciation was off for one of the words. Right after my head became completely blank, busy thinking about that one line. Sometimes I felt I was back in the earliest days of my career.”

In addition, the article reveals what allegiance Storm Shadow has in Retaliation. WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD. Can't take it any longer and want to know if Storm Shadow is a Joe or Cobra in Retaliation? Read on...
Original Source: Lee Byung Hun Describes Storm Shadow In GI Joe Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote