Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #1244
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
At the end of the G. I. Joe: Retaliation US Trailer #2, you may have noticed a website to visit. This website; named Cobra Special Forces is part of a viral campaign for the upcoming movie. These days, Viral Campaigns are an essential part of any movie. These help spread the word and keep people excited. If you all will recall, even Rise of Cobra had a viral campaign. Although the Cobra Special Forces viral campaign is in its infant stage, this has a potential to grow. Which is why the participation of G. I. Joe fans are important… even if you are a Joe supporter than a Cobra one.

If you visit the website, they’ll tell you that…WE REQUIRE GREATNESS OF OUR COBRA SPECIAL FORCES, EVERY MEMBER IS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE TEAM, JOIN COBRA AND SHOW US WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF. Then, you will undergo a memory challenge and a spatial recognition challenge that will earn you the following ranks:

MERCENARY
MERCENARY AND YOU PROVIDE RESULTS. BE DISCREET AND GET THE JOB DONE WELL.

VIPER
CRUCIAL MEMBER OF THE BATTLE INFANTRY AND SUPPORT. VIPERS ARE THE FOOT SOLDIERS.

SPECIALTY VIPERS
AN ADVANCE VIPER, WHICH RANGE FROM EELS, TECHNO-VIPERS, TELE-VIPERS AND ADDITIONAL FIELD VIPERS. HIGHLY TRAINED IN THEIR RESPECTIVE SPECIALTY AND CALLED UPON WHEN NEEDED.

BLUE SHIRTS
STEP ABOVE THE STANDARD COBRA. BLUE SHIRTS TEND TO BE HIGHLY INTELLIGENT AND ADEPT ON THE BATTLEFIELD.

CRIMSON GUARD
PART OF THE COBRA SPECIAL FORCES, RESERVE UNIT. TOO VALUABLE FOR BATTLEFIELD, THIS IS THE HIGHEST ECHELON OF THE COBRA SPECIAL FORCES.

After that, you can join the Official Facebook Page... the more your friends join, higher your rank will be. The page even let us take a gimps of scenes from the movie.

On a very happy note, we can see that this viral campaign is slowly spreading. Some sites even discuss the social aspects of the campaign with arguments such as "Forget G.I. Joe, sometimes what’s right or wrong is determined on our will and/or ideas of making the world a better place – 'One man’s terrorist, is another man’s hero.'". Popular movie viral websites are excited by this development as well. This is definitely another indication of the fact that Retaliation is doing it right.

Take a look at 2 scenes from the movie revealed by the Facebook page, after the jump.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Cobra Special Forces Viral Spreading - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote