Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #1039
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: NIBMRatchet @ TFW2005.com

Quote:
Bollywood (Indian Movie Industry) Action Movie Superstar Akshay Kumar has been selected by Director Michael Bay to voice Transformers: Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime for the Hindi Dub of the said movie.

This news has set this writer’s local newspapers and tabloids ablaze this weekend. Mr. Kumar, a Bollywood heartthrob may look as though he is the unlikeliest candidate to voice the legendary Autobot leader, but in terms of popularity, Transformers 3 will become an instant hit among the ladies of Indian subcontinent.

India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh very recently received the good news of DOTM hitting the theaters around the same time as the worldwide release, but this latest development will seal the deal as majority of people from the Indian subcontinent countries enjoy Hindi Movies rather than US or European movies.

Akshay Kumar who is a huge fan of the Michael Bay Transformers Movies, even took breaks from his busy filming schedules to go see both Transformers and Revenge of the Fallen movies on opening weeks, traveling to London and US. He couldn’t be happier….

"Yes, I was contacted by Michael Bay and he asked me for my dates and if I wanted to dub for Transformers. I was super excited. I have seen the previous films and even my son (Aarav) loves the movies. I decided to do it for Aarav. Optimus Prime is a character with a lot of courage, determination and above all he is the leader of the good guys who fights to save the world. My son loves him and he really wanted me to do it too. I guess every child sees their super-hero in their dad… It is an honour to be associated with a Michael Bay movie. He is a legend and a visionary…”
Original Source: Akshay Kumar To Voice Optimus Prime For The Hindi Dub Of Dark Of The Moon - Transformer World 2005
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote