Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #127
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
One thing I'm a bit iffy on though - how are the cats the dominant, "opressing" species on Third Earth, enslaving lizards and whatnot, if they've never even set foot outside of Thundera?! They are completely ignorant and oblivious to the world outside so how on earth could they have any effect on or power over it's inhabitants?
One of the lizards says it outright - most of the areas outside Thundera valley are inhospitable deserts, they needed to steal the Cats' food to feed their children. By taking the most fertile lands and keeping the other races out, the cats did ensure the lizards could only live in powerty.

I loved how the same lizard Lion-O helped did help them escape later on. All in all I much prefer an enemy race to be portrayed in grey, not in black and white.

Quote:
One other thing - what exactly are the yellow "feelers" on Claudus's head above his eyebrows? lol...kinda ruined the character design for me...
Heh, I can see why you'd think they are feelers, but that was actually his crown. A thin golden tiara that he wore under his hair, you could only see it over his eyebrows where he had a shorter mane.

Quote:
I feel the same...at first I thought it was really cool to see such a cameo appearance so soon but I don't like the fact he's already blind...seeing as "Thundera" gets destroyed in this iteration too, there's no reason history couldn't repeat itself...
THundera was not "destroyed", it was taken over. I mean... I kinda understood that's what Grune's motivation was. He could never be anything more then a general... now, he helped Mumm-Ra and Sllithe defeat their enemies. Mumm-Ra wanted the sword, Sllithe just wanted to defeat his enemy. Grune would be left to rule over the defeated Thundercats.

The mere fact that Tygra and Lion-O are taken captive, as are Cheetara and Jaga, is proof that the lizards do not want to exterminate the cats. No doubt, they would oppress the surviving cats (and I bet there will be other survivors) like those did to them before.

Yup, that IS Lynx-O. Note how he sniffs the air to be able to tell the lizards are coming - I bet he was probably blind already, or it's just foreshadowing of his skills.

All in all,this two-parter can only be summed up as EPIC. I will watch it again today, this time in HD.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 07-30-2011 at 01:14 PM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote