TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #360
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
I feel like every argument you make is completely facetious.

You say my arguments are are a fallacy. You're half right. I'm trying to appeal to the basic human emotions of sympathy 'cause I think the guy deserves a bit of a break, but tell me what's not logic about educating people about Dan's accident? That's not rhetoric either, seriously, tell me: why shouldn't I use Dan's accident to get people to stop being completely apathetic?

It should never matter that he was "unprofessional" this one time. Offending a few people shouldn't be something you think should end someone's career because you're such a spiteful human being.

The only reason I'm even replying to this post, is because it's clearly directed at myself and the arguments I've made on Dan's behalf, but you didn't even have the guts to reply me directly.
I'd like to start by thanking you for the compliment. I do strive to make sure my comments are characterized by levity of attitude and love of joking. Kind of you to notice.

Odd, I don't see anywhere I say "CreepySariFan's arguments are a fallacy" in any of my previous posts so I'm neither right nor wrong in that regard.

I do agree with another person that the excuse for his behavior presented by a number of people doesn't hold water.

Don't forget, just because you feel he deserves sympathy doesn't mean other will as well. Sympathy does, afterall, require certain conditions be met: attention to a subject, believing that a person (or group) is in a state of need, and the characteristics of a given situation. (to cite Wikipedia)

Not everyone will meet these conditions and people will be apathetic to certain things. The wreck might justify his actions to you but not to others. It's all part of being human. Being humans, we don't all have to think alike and feel alike.

"This one time"
Ah, if only it had been one time. Would you like me to post some more of his outbursts? I've got a good one where a person comments on Cheetara's hip design and the reaction it recieves.....well, let's just say it gives the recent tsunami/earthquake in Japan a run for the money.

Where do I say his comments should result in his career ending?

I can count at least three others who have passed off or backed the "don't blame him, blame the car wreck" excuse. My comment was a general reply and not exclusivly towards you.

If I could offer some advice; you might want to look into scheduling an eye exam because twice now you've claimed I said things I never did. There is a possibility you might require corrective lenses. Best to catch that kind of thing early on.
AnonymousIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote