TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Carnivac
Thunder Kitty
Pics of my ThunderCats Classic Mumm-Ra figure I've modified to resemble the cartoon character more. I'm not a professional or anything (and certainly not up the level of some of the amazing customisers here) but I'm certainly happier with how he looks now than when I bought him.

- heated helm bandages to fold them down a bit so they're not all sticking out horizontal.
- bits of black paint for muscle and eye defintion (little messy on muscles cos I wanted that kind of rough look he was sometimes drawn with cos he's evil and undead...sorry ever-living). Bit of white in the eyes to make them look 'alive'. Yellow on helm crest and the fur of his shinpad things. Grey paint on helm snakes.
- flowing cloth bandages to replace the large more rigid rubbery bandages. Some of the cloth is fixed to his body in certain places with double sided tape to stay on (but can easily be taken off if I need to replace the bandages at some point)
- CAPE! The most obviously missing item from the store-bought figure and he just looks wrong without it. I've never done any craftwork with cloth materials before so this was all new to me. Black cloth for the inside, red for the outside and stuck together with that glue paper stuff you iron to melt and stick. I made it with a simple template I designed on computer and printed out. The 'ragged' bits were just cut randomly after the cape was complete. The ends are hooked onto his wrist spikes and the centre of the cape is stuck onto his back by using a large bit of double-sided tape. For my first attempt I think it looks pretty decent. I may try another one sometime but for now I think this is fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mummracape3.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1485Click image for larger version

Name:	mummracape1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1486Click image for larger version

Name:	mummracape2.jpg
Views:	11