TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #113
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchie View Post
I remember reading early interviews with the creators regarding this show. The way they talked, they seemed they were trying to make a "young-adult" or a "more mature" cartoon show.

When doing so, I imagine that you would need to be consistent with your characters. Futurama, Family Guy, and other comedy cartoon shows can have characters acting one way an episode and a completely different way another episode because of the genre. If you're being serious however, than characters need to have a set personality and (pending alien mind control) act within their parameters barring outside stimulus.

First of all, I don't like blaming Cheetara for my hatred of everything from episode 13 and onward. I DO blame the writer's for using her as a spoon to sir up the drama that frankly was not necessary or welcome. Trust me, I would RATHER be blaming Tygra! Unfortunately though, Tygra has been the most consistent alongside Lion-O (save occasionally forgetting his previous life lessons) in that he's still a smug Jack-Ass with a "reported" soft side (do not give me the *he probably had it hard as a kid* reasoning, the show has yet to make me buy it) and he hasn't strayed too far from these parameters.

Cheetara was the mediator between Tygra and Lion-O, the voice of reason when they started butting heads. She was the body guard who took the entire group as her charge. She was the one telling Lion-O he could when everyone had/or still was telling him he can't. Now what is she? Surrendering herself to the generals to ensure ONLY Tygra's safety? Constantly worrying about Tygra, the capable warrior, instead of the welfare of Lion-O, her king, or welfare of the team as whole?

Hell if she had a moment in the show when she said "you know, I've devoted my life to the service of others without focusing on what I want for the majority of my young life. Is this really my entire life? My future? is this really what I want?" Then I would have bought it as development (questionable development but development none the less) and wouldn't be here on this forum complaining.

Also ( I really am sorry, I have just really had a lot on my mind), Lion-O willing to keep fighting when Tygra is captured, MAY have had a flavoring of malice due to the love triangle, but, given who they were up against, it was probably their only way out alive (save a Panthro intervention).

My blame is on the writing. Maybe if the show was guaranteed a 52 episode run, they would have spaced all this out with development. As such, now it's make it or break it. To their credit, I have never been following a show THIS closely (even if it is for the wrong reasons)

I did like this episode and can't wait for the next, because honestly, I can't predict what's going to happen next (for better or worse).
I think the characters will be different and will be explored.

We will find out about tygra next (native son) and I think Tygra's relationship with lion-o will grow in a good way.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote