TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #144
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
I agree, but no one, audience included wants to see the group follow Lion-O just because he is king. It also frustrates me when it comes to the rest of them. Sure he had a dumb idea, but hell, you all followed him! At least he can say he got you all to follow his dumb idea. It just not a good look.
I'm no political buff, but isnt that the point of checks and balances? Also did'nt Kings and the churches have some sort of check and balance as well( not a history buff either) ?
I agree with you here, but this is sort of the fault of the writers again. They've been continuously bringing up his role as king and then having people disrespect him. That's counter-intuitive. Either mention he's king and show them being good subjects, or just leave it be mostly. They know what a king is, to show them constantly disrespecting a king they say they're loyal to makes them look just as bad as a king who can't earn his position.

That is EXACTLY the point of checks and balances. That is why modern nations invented those and no longer have absolute monarchs. To try and avoid having dopes as our leaders(the success is questionable). As for kings and the church; if by checks and balances you mean they would periodically go to war and attempt to murder each other, then yeah sure they had checks and balances.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote