Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #164
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
The sword doesn't make the man. Lion-O isn't weaker just because the sword doesn't have powers coming out of nowhere just to give a convenient excuse to have him win. And he certainly wasn't perfect in the OS. Especially at the beginning of the series. He was a kid inside and he made childish mistakes. And do you think for a second the other TCats weren't better than Lion-O at certain things? Or that, without the sword, any one of them couldn't have given him a run for his money during a fight?
I agree with you that the sword shouldn't make the man however there are many characters in fiction which are defined by their weapon. If I put 10 people in a room and said "Luke Skywalker" 9 of them would picture Luke with a blazing green light saber in hand. If I said "Cloud" 9 of them would picture Cloud with his buster sword. Most importantly is King Arthur. Immiedietaly people would think of Excalibur. Lion-O and the SoO go hand in hand which is why I am bummed that in the NS he doesn't seem to have that special connection with the sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post
So many filler episodes wasted their episode count also did not help, if they had less time to establish things.
Yeah this is definitely a problem. Mind you I enjoyed many of those filler episodes, but they were badly placed into the series. Place one here and one there, but not two or three in a row killing all momentum that the two previous episodes had built up. That's the issue with making a series that has an over all objective as opposed to a series where 95% of the episodes are stand alones. When you have an over all objective that will span a whole season, you have to be smart about how you do it. Just who made the call to place these filler episodes in such bad spots during the season is anyone's guess so I am not going to blame anyone.

Quote:
With this new ThunderCats, they all are aware that he's in charge, but they don't respect him. I think it's because they are fellow kids. The only mature one is Panthro and he's played for laughs and the occasional bad-ass moment.

One guy is raised by his elders into a mature adult, leader and king. The other guy is a boy on a road trip with other kids.
Very good points.

Quote:
I don't hate the new series at all, but it is definitely not the old series. Both series have their weaknesses and strengths. I still think the new series can turn some of these criticisms around, if it can be saved. Hopefully it's not too late.
Ditto
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote