Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: Complete A Few Quick Fixes
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
Thanks for the info.
That was what I was thinking about that rifle. I will have to dig through my bits bin and see if I can find one in my 'Joe container/armory.

My staff recipe is a bamboo skewer (3 mm.) cut to length with about a mm. extra length on each end. I cleaned up the tips with a 500/1000 grit sanding block so they were flat with a little rounding.

For the color I mixed some paint to match the hue of her accessory and it's collapsed version on her fanny pack. It was a mix of the basic dirt brown, with yellow, and a little red.
(Recipe: Br:10, Ye:4, Rd:1.5/Testors Acryllic)

I dipped the tips first and then let them dry so it could be handled when I painted the rest of the staff. I layered it on pretty thick so the bamboo would soak it in.

After it was left to dry for a few hours, it was time to seal it.
For this I use "Pledge Wi/Future". I grabbed a plastic saucer and poured a little in the bottom and rolled the staff in it for a bit and let it marry to the paint some. Making sure it was completely covered from tip to tip. I took my finishing brush and smoothed the floor pollish down the staff till it started to set up. Then I left it alone to dry completely before I touched it again.

The neat part is that while it looks very plastic, it still has it's wood grain and is quite rigid. It looks like I hit the correct color, but it will not stain Cheetara's pale hands due to the sealant layer.

BTW:
You are correct on the Nunchucks. That plastic laughs at paint. It would be easier to recast them in the correct colors before any paint would adhere.

Last edited by Thinktank; 08-21-2011 at 01:18 PM..
Thinktank is offline   Reply With Quote