TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #57
Simbatron
Thunder Kitty
If this was the first episode of the show I would not watch the second. Not only was the story weak, badly written and plot painfully predictable, but the character designs and voicecasting were weak, uneven and terribly mismatched. The tough swordsman in the beginning had a soft young voice that didn't fit, and the fat little weeble wobble MC had a deep booming voice. Pure limited anime style has it's limits. This show was a major turn off for me. Yuck.

I hate furries and this episode made the generics look more like furries than anything I've seen on the show to date. Seriously dislike the character designs here. Don't LOVE many of the main cast - but they work well. But this show seemed like it was given to 2 or 3 junior designers and it was hodgepodge.

The rabbit swordmaker voice was a weird Burl Ives imitation that was so odd and offputting - and the design was lame. I intensely disliked his dialogue - it was wordy and badly read - reminded me of bad english translated from Japanese anime - where they shove too many English words into the Japanese syntax and it's awkward and weird and unintentionally funny to behold.

Hope this show is the exception to the rule.

Don't get me wrong - I like many of the shows. And LOVED Song of the Petulars - watched that one 4 times - brought me to tears it was so deep and profound. That one should get an emmy. This one should not.

But I'll keep watching of course...
Simbatron is offline   Reply With Quote