Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #132
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Lion-O annoys the hell out of me, but for good reason. Well it makes sense. He gets all of the screen time, but its a double edged sword. We get all the good with the bad. Also, on a more personal note I hate people who DEMAND respect. If you have to DEMAND that people follow you, then you're obviously not that good of a leader. It's not always going to be so. He needed to struggle in order for the audience to see his growth.

This episode I didn't know what to do with myself. Lion-O was IMPRESSIVE AS HELL! AND HE LOOKED GOOD DOING IT TOO! This is so foreign to me, I don't even know what to think about it. I'm terrified he's going to revert back to that whiny little punk who wants everything his way .
Overall I agree with everything here. Just a few points. Being a king is a funny thing, because part of how you become a king is to DEMAND respect. It's not a position you earn, it's a position you are given regardless of merit, and that puts you in a funny spot. Yes, you can't go too far or you become a tyrant, but you can't treat people like friends and equals all the time either. You are their KING, and sometimes you have to remind them whether they like it or not. This is why many modern types don't like kings, but it is what it is.

That said, I'm also terrified he's going to revert, because the trouble with this show is usually not that an individual episode or story is bad, it's that it's just so random it never builds on anything.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote