TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #143
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
This is my opinion exactly. It's not the result, it's the writing.

And your gender double-standard is an interesting point. Had the roles been flipped, a man doing those things would have been immediately assumed to be romantic, where a girl can be 'sisterly.'
I saw the potential for her actions to be romantic. Otherwise Lion-O wouldn't have thought she was interested, and this story line wouldn't have happened. But she never did anything that was absolutely romantic. Cheek kissing and hand touching are not automatically deemed romantic. People do these things casually. Now if she would have stuck her tongue down his throat, ....

Heck, if a man is constantly did all those things, and I liked him, I would probably be in a similar situation as Lion-O. I just wouldn't act like a butt when he told me he wasn't into me that way.

Just to play with the gender stereotypes, women don't typically treat men there interested in, like Cheetara does Lion-O. Most women want to see that their potential mate can hold his own. This is why her constant encouragement and defense came off sisterly. I always thought women wanted Alpha males, not dependent ones.

Last edited by Chique; 04-08-2012 at 10:03 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote