Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #5479
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Star Wars is not the same. Book 1, 2, and 3 showed that L/L were brother and sister.

Leia never flirted with luke. She kissed him to PO Han off.
Ok, so you want to dwelve in petty details. Hey, I can do that too!

She did kiss him to spite Han. Luke did rub it in Han's face

The scripts for movies 5 and 6 were not written when A New Hope was released. Nobody knew they were twins, that was the exclusive purview of George Lucas -if he had thought about it like he says he did (and who are we to doubt his word!)

If any of us wanted to doubt, before it was either decided that L/L were twins or before it was revealed (take your pick) there was at least one book published that depicted a good deal of sexual tension between the two. All GL-approved: he later said that he was OK with them because it showed they had feelings for each other, although they could still not know what type of feelings those were. The books you refer to were released at least (I refuse to check the dates but you are welcome to do it yourself) after Empire Strikes Back, but my guess is that the info about their parentage was not available in print until after Return of the Jedi's premiere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
As a kid watching Star Wars, I never believed Leia and Luke were a couple. They never had chemistry.

Everyone knew Lukes journey was on his own.
Hindsight is always 20/20. But I can say the same about Lion-O: how do you expect him to complete his journey into manhood if he needs a girl to hold his hand and pat his back? Again, there have been kings with far less impressive resumes than his, our own history abundantly testifies to that, but Lion-O's supposed to be, well, a hero.

Jaga did not send Lion-O in his quest with a girlfriend, he sent him off with a team.

Big picture here: A-lead male did not end up with A-lead female. So your arguments about that issue are not valid. A successful franchise does not depend on that. The hero can defeat evil without a girlfriend. Le gasp.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote