Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #206
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Thanks to sister site TFW2005 for reporting that 2005 boards member Monzo has just come back from JoeCon 2011 where he attended the "Treasures Of Hasbro Archives" panel, hosted by Rik Alvarez and other Hasbro employees such as John Warden. Alvarez revealed quite a surprising abandoned concept, a repainted Omega Supreme for a crossover line between Transformers and GI Joe! Here's more details:

"According to Rik, these are parts of an Omega Supreme that were redecoed and intended for release in the G.I. Joe toyline. In what manner, as a character or parts of a non-living vehicle, he didn't say; the phrasing of his following statement, where he was going to look into "an actual crossover between the G.I. Joe and Transformer toylines", makes the Joemega Supreme situation seem a bit nebulous."

That wasn't the only shocker. It turns out that at one point, the GI Joe Pursuit Of Cobra was actually going to have a female figure, paired with a Transformer too! This set was of Arctic Baroness With Ravage(or rather, Ravage but not Ravage):

"There were plans for an arctic Rise of Cobra Baroness figure that would have come with a robot panther companion -"maybe Ravage, maybe not" said Rik, but John Warden consistently denied that it was going to be Ravage. In any case, the use of Ravage design cues was intentional, though Rik sadly noted that the G1 weapons did not work with it.

They did not actually show any pictures of the Arctic Baroness, with the robot panther being photoed next to a test shot of Dial-Tone that Rik used for scale representation in every picture he took. Neither the Baroness or the robot panther were tooled, with the panther in the photo being the only one in existence.
"

With even more files to sift through in the archive, could we see more abandoned GI Joe VS Transformers concepts at Botcon 2011?
Original Source: GI Joe Omega Supreme And Arctic Baroness With Ravage - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote