Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintcondition View Post
The number one issue I have with all the figures is the scale in the 4 inch line. I remember back at Toy Fair Bandai was boasting about how proud it was about how they were sticking to a "true scale" with their figures. Meaning that just because the 4 inch figures were...well, 4 inch figures, it didn't mean that every figure was going to be 4 inches tall. They were all going to be on a 4 inch scale, but all the proper height in correlation with one another, like Panthro being really tall, etc.

However, the 4 inch Deluxe Mumm-Ra is barely any taller than Lion-O at all, and the 6 inch Mumm-Ra seems more in scale.

Likewise Snarf seems far too BIG for the 4 inch scale since he's half Lion-O's height, but looks great standing next to the 6 inch Lion-O.
To be fair, they were probably sticking to "true scale" as best as possible while fulfilling other size, cost, and retail obligations. As a key character, Bandai was always going to ensure a wide range of options were available for Mumm-Ra (I'd almost guarantee as basic 4" figure of his Everliving form within the next year or so if the line is still going). It is also worth noting the 4" deluxe and 6" figures both vary in the stuff Mumm-Ra comes with. The deluxe figure got its size cut down to offset the big ass wings he has. But at least Bandai is offering "larger basic" figures in the deluxe range rather than overly gimmicked variations on the same old guys.
Even so, why complain when Bandai DID try and make a true scale Mumm-Ra, he's just marketed as a different size. If the 6" figure is more "to scale", then just buy the dang 6" figure! But I'd guarantee that the deluxe figure will not have a hard time selling because that figure will probably "play better" with the upcoming vehicles and accessories.

Realistically, it's generally only older fans/collectors that are going to give a crap about "true scale". I'm not even sure it should be an issue given Bandai IS (apparently) offering true scale..just under different names.

Quote:
Another thing is, most of the characters can't properly hold their weapons, which is just frustrating.

The Thundertank canopy being so loose is pretty annoying as well.
Can't comment on these, still haven't found the line locally, but just from the images, I think this line is among Bandai USA's better efforts of the past several years. Not sure that is saying much though...
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote