Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #692
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
My apologies.

I don’t agree with that. It’s not always that simple. A love triangle need not end just because two people begin a relationship, actually, it might just complicate things further. This triangle is bound to continue for a few more episodes, at least until episode 16.

Maybe i should have said 'some'? Either way, arguing over which side of the argument has more supporters may not be the best use of time.

Let’s not forget that Tygra interpreted Cheetara’s signals in much the same way as Lion-O did. He’d resigned himself to the possibility that she ‘chose’ Lion-O (In episode 13, just before the flashback.).

Cheetara presses up against Lion-O, holds his hand, kisses him and whispers in his ear. She does nothing so suggestive with Tygra. The writers did this intentionally. I understand that they wanted to make us feel Lion-O’s indignation, his shock when she chose Tygra. And that’s fine, I just feel that they could have taken more time and developed this triangle much better instead of this rush job.

The fact that it was out of the blue, that it took only a cute little 23 second flashback to justify such a significant plot point is enough to make me question the legitimacy of the T/C relationship. There has been a lot of sloppy writing, particularly with regard to characterisation.

I think I need to repeat this, I don’t care if Cheetara chooses Tygra while breaking Lion-O’s heart in the process, just don’t do it in such an unbelievable, shoddy manner.
You're correct the triangle started at the end of 13.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote