Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #550
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Disagree or agree with the last part, that doesn't detract from Lion-O's reaction to her saying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Okay, I blame it on the writers.

Let's face it, Cheetarah lead Lion-o on. And part of the reason this is true is that even Tygra thought she had picked Lion-o. No one important believed she had any interest in Tygra, not even Tygra. She was NOT clear.

The thing is, in the end this is the fault of the writers due to one simple choice. They chose to say that she liked Tygra ALL ALONG. And that was their mistake. Had they just said she was conflicted, but chose Tygra in the end, then there would be no problem. She wouldn't be a tease, she would just be a person with confused feelings, something she has every right to be.

It is the fact that she supposedly ALWAYS liked Tygra and yet spent all of her time with Lion-o to the point that the guy she liked had no idea she liked him. And that is why she should apologize, to both of them (though the making out probably counts in Tygra's case).

But this is a writer's mistake primarily, they chose to explain Cheetarah's actions in a way that made no sense, by saying she had picked one before the story even started. Look at the classic robotech triangle, everyone in that story leads on everyone else, but it doesn't make them bad people because they are honestly confused.
If they had done the triangle like Rick/Lisa/Minmei, I'd not only go with whoever got Cheetara in the end, but I'd actually enjoy that sorta triangle for the whole 50 odd eps this series is supposed to be. I'm still hoping that all the wrongness and wierd out of sorts this triangle has been was on purpose and the writers are up to something... I've waited tooo long for another Thundercats series for them to blow a big part like this. small bits here and there I can deal, but the actual romantic subplot can make or break a show.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote