TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #73
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
An episode that was neither strong nor weak. It was definitely better than the previous ones but only because it was part of the main storyline.

-Firstly, thank the Ancient Spirits for Pumyra not reverting back to being indifferent towards Lion-O at beginning of the episode.

-The irony behind Tygra being offended by the Vulture’s superiority complex was a nice touch. Pot, meet kettle.

-Tygra manages to beat a Bird at flying. We get a rather bullshit implication about piloting skills being encoded in the Tigers genes. If the animals were genetically engineered by Mumm-Ra, then show that or at least hint it. The writers seem to love with biological determinism. Why is Tygra so prideful? Because he’s a Tiger! Why does he naturally have the ability to pilot a craft he’s never seen before? Because he’s a Tiger!

- I didn’t think they could make Tygra more unlikeable but they did.

-Is there anything Panthro isn’t scared of? First it was water, and now heights. Next up, he suddenly develops claustrophobia.

-Does Lion-O have any authority at all as the King?! Tygra undermines him, right in front of potential hostiles. What does Cheetara do? After initially expressing a little scepticism, she has a sudden change of heart; she kisses the tosser and wishes him good luck! Just brilliant.

-Which brings me to this: Next time, please give Cheetara some pom-poms. They’ll come in handy while she’s busy with her cheerleading routine. “Give me a T… Give me a Y…” Great way to continue wasting a character that had so much potential.
Lion-O is just King in title only. As for right now, he doesn't have a kingdom to rule until he returns and rebuilds it. The ones in the groups are not obligated to follow his orders if they want to. He has no way of laying down the law to punish them for disobeying nor would he risk using his powers on the others in the group.