TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #75
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Lion-O is just King in title only. As for right now, he doesn't have a kingdom to rule until he returns and rebuilds it. The ones in the groups are not obligated to follow his orders if they want to. He has no way of laying down the law to punish them for disobeying nor would he risk using his powers on the others in the group.
All those are valid points. I’m just amazed at how meaningless his title has become.
Didn’t both Cheetara and Tygra kneel before Lion-O when Jaga made him King? I’m just dismayed by the fact that Lion-O commands very little authority, as the leader in a potentially dangerous situation. I’m not saying that Lion-O should turn into a dictator. Just that Tygra shouldn’t presume to speak for Lion-O and the ThunderCats. I would have liked to see Claudus’ reaction if Tygra had done something like that to him.

Regarding his position as King, Lion-O has been, for lack of a better word, castrated. Cheetara, the Cleric, undermines him. Tygra, his brother, undermines him. Tygra's actions this episode perhaps rivalled the absurdity of Cheetara’s during the fight in ‘New Alliances.’