TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #19
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
I'm going to have to disagree on some of those "Saves".

The Voice Cast. Honestly, maybe it's me, but I can't agree with all of that sentiment. Especially KMR. I've always been careful about criticising KMR's work, because you never know how much is voice direction or outside imput and how much is the actor. However, I'm beyond tired of KMR, only because his voice sounds exactly the same in everything he does. Family Guy, Green Lantern, Prime, TC, it all sounds the same. Friedle at least makes Batman, Blue Beetle, and Lion-O as variations. The Kits are also overly childish for their voices; they're supposed to be experienced thieves, they could use the kid voices as part of their routines, but they should have a bit more matured inflection to them otherwise IMHO. After all, they left home to ease the burdon on their mother, they become skillful thieves and liars, and survived for years without parental guidance. A childish child can't do that.

On the point about it being Rebooted the Right Way, personal preferences being what they are, I'd disagree. It was a different take, but there were a lot of ways they could've presented a more codified version of the original series that would've had some of the stronger story elements that were largely ignored in the OS finally given the light and attention they deserve.

Finally, by far the biggest point, is that the Villains are Actually Dangerous. I actually laughed at that. This is my largest complaint about this series. The villains are non-existant. Mumm-ra is a very bad joke with Kaynar and Addicus being so inconsistant that they can't be called characters, they're just evil dialogue spouting puppets. Classic Mumm-ra accomplished more in dozens of OS episodes by himself.

Pretty much total agreement on the flip side.

This series needs to be canceled and used to illustrate how not to reboot a series.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote