TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 04:49 AM   #18
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primacron View Post
Anyway, I used to love Thundercats back in the day, watching the cartoon of a Saturday morning used to be a highlight of my week (Going Live! anyone!?).
Actually, I recall the Saturday repeats being on just before Going Live... as part of some weird children's show presented by Cheryl Baker. About 8am in the morning if my nostalgic geekiness recalls correctly.

Anyway, I was a fan when T-Cats first ran on BBC1 in 1987 (from the Broom Cupboard!) on a weekly basis. Strangely - and unlike other properties such as Transformers, He-Man, Star Wars, Turtles, Ghostbusters and MASK - my brother & I didn't have that many T-Cat figures. Lion-O, Slithe, Grune, the Thundertank...maybe a couple more. Anyway, all I remember is they weren't numerous enough to deserve their own box (they shared with He-Man).

Back in 2001, I got disposable income and learned of ebay... and went after everything from my childhood, including Thundercats. However, only Transformers collecting really "stuck" and I sold all my acquired T-Cats (except childhood ones) circa 2004.

I haven't been inclined to buy any back until now. I'm tempted... but we'll see. Definitely interested in checking out the new stuff come December... esp. the Classics.
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote