TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 04:14 AM   #20
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrz60 View Post
So I've been reading some of these other comments, and I would say that I agree with most of them for the most part. I would love to see more of a tie into the 80's version if it did so without being campy. The theme song would be great, even if they updated it a little. You have to admit that part of the reason this show has such a huge following is that it brought in a lot of fans of the original. I just don't want to see them write it off all together as if this was an original idea of it's own, that would just be rude and disrespectful of the original.

I also agree that while the flashbacks are cool and help establish some of the story, we do need to see more current events. Clashing between Mumm-Ra and the Cats, or the mutants, the Building of the new Cats Lair, etc. I don't want this to turn into a show like "Kung-Fu" where the Thundercats just travel the land helping people, that's not what this show is about. I was a little thrown by Mumm-Ra's tank. While I understand it is an updated version and they established his technology and that he was from space, lets just not over do it. One thing that was always great about Mumm-Ra was his magic and spells, they can still use that just make it darker and less campy, try to shy away from the tech a little. It wouldn't be hard either, he lost most of his tech when they landed on 3rd earth, I mean he was sealed up in that tomb until Grune let him out, and judging by the flashbacks in episode 7, it was for a long time, so how is his Tank purring like a kitten and not all rusted and broken down? These are things that are important to the realism of the story and good to keep in mind when moving forward so that you don't write yourself into a corner. If they give him too much too soon, he just won't be scary anymore and won't really be a stong villian for the Cats.

The original had this problem facing Mumm-Ra where all they had to do was show him a mirror and they would win, not really threatening. They fixed this later in season 2 when Mumm-Ra returned and had stronger powers to where his reflection didn't affect him anymore, hence he became more of a threat and the Cats had to come up with new ways to defeat him. Does any of that make sense?

I love the characters and look forward to their development, I just hope the writers remember all of the developments. For example, now that Lion-O learned some new Sword Play Techniques from the drifter, I don't want to see him just rushing in swinging in later episodes.

Ok, this is all just my opinion and I'm sure you're all going to tell me to just shut up and enjoy it, so I'll stop rambeling now.
Dude i like ur options and thoughts on this.
Yea You just about have it right. We not yet know where they were planning on taking this, and i think they prob wanted to see if it made ratings or pts, b4 moving on to the next chapter.. (im 100% sure everybody loves the new thundercats) including my self.
It did have sum minor issues that could be fixed later on.
Yes we dont need to be seeing to many flashbacks, or the cats travling from village to village.. I understand they wanna do this for the new people who never seen or heard of the thundercats b4, but at the same time dont over do it. ya know?
I too would wanna know more about their new home. i miss cat's lair, that was the bomb!, and i hope sumwhere in time, it returns. but for the most part, i like wat i see so far, i also wanna c that thundertank in action (again). as well as the cats inside. We still dunno if the tank has those side-racer carts like the toys. . So thats sumthing to keep in mind.
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote