Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #601
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
...she chose to surrender in the middle if a fight, because a couple of bloodthirsty killers, one of which she dealt with before (Slithe), promised her they would spare her boyfriend. It was a bad idea, as further evidenced by the fact that moments after her surrender, Lion-o who she is supposed to protect was knocked unconscious and would have been killed id not for Panthro's arrival.
She chose to surrender because there was no better option at that time. There's no way she and Lion-O would have been able to handle the three generals on their own, so letting Tygra be offed would have only hurt their situation. Any chance that they could have been taken prisoner, even a very slim chance, was a better option than knowingly letting a teammate be murdered. Did her emotions play a part in that? Yeah, they did, but in the end all three of them survived. Would you really prefer them to have offed Tygra in the episode? Most especially because of Lion-O's stupidity? (aka going into the battle without the initial support of his team).

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Unlike you, some of us don’t feel the need to twist facts to fit our own version of reality.
I'm not twisting facts, and I find it insulting that you claim that I have.

Quote:
Many of us here have repeatedly mentioned that the reason we do not put Cheetara (or the T/C relationship) on a pedestal was not because she chose Tygra but because of the manner in which the love triangle was written.
I haven't put it on a pedestal, and I haven't seen anybody else do so. As for the love triangle, I think it's been handled quite well so far, and as far as I'm concerned, it ended with episode thirteen. From that point on it's been Tygra and Cheetara trying to have a relationship during a war, and Lion-O's jealousy getting in the way of his leadership.

Also, what you see as "many", is really a small percentage of people on here. The reason those on your side of this argument appear to be "many", is cause several of you don't multiquote.

Quote:
Cheetara’s characterisation was very badly handled in my opinion. You can go on assuming that Lion-O somehow “misread her signals” or maybe a sudden, out of the blue flashback without any build-up may be enough to convince you of the legitimacy of the T/C pairing. But that’s simply not good enough for me.
Lion-O did misread her signals, as did several "fans". While the flashback was out of the blue, that didn't make it less significant in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 03-30-2012 at 09:45 AM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote