TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #142
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
She has never said Lion-O couldn't be a good leader, or that he was incapable of defeating Mumm-Ra. He had a bad idea, and so she told him so. When has she ever encouraged one of his bad ideas? In episode 14 when Lion-O confronted her about her actions, she told him she still sees the potential in him to be great. She has not stopped believing in him.

I agree, consistency is important. But so is growth and development. Actively disliking a character is better than having no opinion on them at all. It's not a question of maybe the love triangle got to Lion'O's head. It did. The Lion-O we got during season one would NEVER sacrifice his own brother. He would have found another way. It was pure malice.
A character's behavior isn't just about isn't just about their literal words, it's also about the feeling. The interactions between Cheetara and Lion-o have gone from pleasant and supportive to unpleasant and antagonistic. This is Cheetara AND Lion-o's fault, but it's what people are talking about when they say the triangle has made them unlikable.

Secondly, I totally disagree that disliking a character is better than no opinion. Not if it's a HERO. You dislike villains. Disliking the heroes is a good way to get people to stop watching a show. You NEVER want your viewers to actively dislike a hero if you can help it. Be mad at them? Disagree with a decision? whatever. But liking them fundamentally is key to getting your viewers through those times when they ARE mad at the hero. If you don't like them you're not going to care about the show that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Applause! Pumyra has the most potential out of all of them. They all have the potential to out shine their OS counterparts, but you can't piss people off with Pumyra. She wasn't focused on, and so the possibilities are endless.

Reboots do not, and should not be copies of the original. Do you want to watch the exact same story with the exact same characters, except now you have an updated look? That's...limiting.

Is Star Trek 2009 the same as Star Trek:OS ? Are the characters the exact same people? Do they have the same relationships? As long as the spirit of the two remain in sync, the little stuff shouldn't have to be exactly the same. Jelenic should strive to make his own mark, not copy and paste.
I think you might be missing his point. He seems to be arguing that Pumyra shouldn't be TOO focused on because she wasn't that important in the original show (his max payne reference). You seem to be saying that you want them to focus on her because she's got a lot of room for interpretation. Yet you say applause at the beginning. I'm confused.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote