TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #275
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncognito View Post
Yes, a lot of people noticed it as well as other animation errors (such as Tygra losing his stripes and coloration during that flashback when he lays that stupid flower beside Cheetara) but we have learned that it is not wise to point out animation errors or even criticize the animation in general. WB's art director Dan Norton tends to flip his lid when people criticize things.

Here's an example from his DeviantArt account(Dingo107 being Dan Norton's handle):

"NewGuy13 May 8, 2012
Errr... Look, I have nothing against the 1980's Pumyra.... but this one..... She looks like a man. Sorry, but the eyebrows, hair design, and lack of rack..... you are not buying me.

~Dingo107 May 8, 2012 Professional
OH MAN! Sorry NewGuy. I really wanted to make sure I made Pumyra how YOU wanted her. I'll be sure to run all of my creative input by you next time before I draw any other female characters. Is there a specific cup size you would prefer? Should I be more generous in the backside? I'm dying to hear your input.

~NewGuy13 May 8, 2012
Look, pal, there is no need for snarky come-backs. As an artist you have to learn and deal with other peoples opinions. I never critized you or your drawing abilities, which I think is great, I just have an opinion on the final design. It's no need for hostilities.

It's my page buddy, I'll get snarky all day long. You don't know me. You come to my page and poke your finger in my chest and don't think I can respond as I choose. I didn't come to your page and ask for your opinion. Especially one that came across very insulting. In my 20+ years of being a professional artist, I've learned how to "deal" with peoples opinions. And I'm telling you to keep in in your back pocket and sit on it.

~NewGuy13 May 8, 2012
Pal, I re-posted to end any hostilities before they happened. Now you are just acting like a jerk. I already said I liked all of your other work, this one I was not so crazy about, and as a fan I think I have the right to give my honest opinion and not kiss-a*s. Just relax.

It's because you don't know me, I'll just tell you... I am an prick. And I get more prickly when an individual such as yourself expresses themselves in a disrespectful manner with a crass comment. You then tell me I need to learn to deal with people giving me their opinions. Allow me to offer a lesson for you, when expressing your opinion about other peoples work, don't come across as misogynistic and glib. Especially when that opinion is insulting and uninvited. If you must, be constructive and respectful. Or you may just have to deal with another jerk like me. Drops the mic...... Picks it back up... And don't fu*king tell me to relax. Drops mic again...

~NewGuy13 May 8, 2012
Look, I didn't mean to be rude or insulting, but this has to end because it's getting on the verge of being really funny.

Verge of being really funny.... It's hilarious. I've been making fun of you with my buddies since you sent this stupid fucking post in the first place. Fact is, it's too late you've pissed me off. And since you want to seem to control the conversation you started, I'll allow it. After you apologize with sincerity and not attaching some stipulation of being irrational. Make me pick up the mic again..... pffff."

This isn't the only time Dan Norton has gone off the deep-end. He's done it numerous times before. What is interesting though is, once his attacks and insults starting circulating amongst fans, he suddenly rushed to "hide" and "remove" the exchanges. Too bad people screencapped em prior to his scramble.
NewGuy13 is actually a very good friend of mine. He didn't want to push the matter any further.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote