TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #292
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
AnonymousIncognito, why is there no Dislike button next to posts? 'Cause I'd really, really like to dislike yours. It's like anything that you post is bile, putrid hatred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncognito View Post
Yes, a lot of people noticed it as well as other animation errors (such as Tygra losing his stripes and coloration during that flashback when he lays that stupid flower beside Cheetara) but we have learned that it is not wise to point out animation errors or even criticize the animation in general. WB's art director Dan Norton tends to flip his lid when people criticize things.

Here's an example from his DeviantArt account(Dingo107 being Dan Norton's handle):
I can totally understand him. The guy produces exterme quality art (seriously, his work is astounding) and when he does post the designs online all he gets is some butt-hurt nerds whining about how Pumyra has too big eyebrows or other similar nonesense.

Let me tell you, when Derrick Wyatt shared his Animated TF designs, most of the Transformers fans posting on his blog were GLAD and THANKFUL he shared them, and did not criticise his art style. An art director does not have to share his designs with the fans, in many series, it is actually forbidden to do so by the company making the cartoon. In most franchises I know, the fans are thankful for this. Apparently, in Thundercats fandom, people rather whine about minute details. Seriously, you lot are pissed off about really small things. I would like to see your faces if you had to deal with major "turn the story upside down, redesign everything until it's unrecognizable" changes like we Transformers fans had to deal with. I'd like to see the reactions if tomorrow you would learn Michael Bay was directing a live-action Thundercats movie with Shia LeBeuf as Lion-O.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 05-19-2012 at 07:02 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote