Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #72
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
why does everyone always go "what kind of example does this give the kids?"
this isn't pbs. they're shows to entertain not teach. even on nick's icarly or victorious the kids do things that they really shouldn't do. "oh no Freddie hacked into a government website! what are they teaching kids these days?!" What does Mr. Krabs teach kids about being greedy? Even on Avatar the Last Airbender half the kids on the main team were runaways. contrary to popular belief kids don't emulate everything they see on tv.
Thank you. Took the words right out of my mouth. While there are lines that shouldn't be crossed, that doesn't mean every character needs to be perfect. I thought it was reasonable, and gave them an interesting background. It's a nice change from just straight orphans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
suspension of belief of letting 8 year olds alone in a forest aside, I thought this was an excellent episode.
I think one of the things to remember is that the characters we're watching are not humans, they're CATS. And while they are anthropomorphic, they've done numerous things in this new series to establish that they are still cats. That means presumably they're pretty at home in the wild. They've all been established to have some measure of super-strength, super-speed, and they can presumably see in the dark. The cats are basically apex predators.

I think they were fine.

That aside I liked the episode almost totally. Good character moments, good backstory, etc. My only problem was that, outside of the tv show, the moral was weird. Cheetara and Panthro were trying to teach them a legitimate lesson about survival and the moral was basically, 'don't hurt cute animals, but EVIL ones are ok.'

Even though the ugly animal was no more evil than the cute ones. And the fruit tree totally sidestepped the issue. You need a balanced diet, you can't just survive on fruit.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote